XIV. That Brat

"Hey," I hear a familiar voice behind me. My body turns, slightly acknowledging the rude woman beside me before it lands on N&A with Ian behind her. Dominic and Dayton separated, allowing N&A to step through. Her eyes pin on the woman beside me. "Don't be rude to her."

The woman smirks. "And I'm supposed to know who you are?" her voice hints mockery.

N&A scoffs, brushing her long hair back slightly while her free hand makes comforting circles around her stomach. She steps forward. "I would've been actually threatened by you if you did."

The woman narrows her eyes. "I don't know who you are and I suggest you step aside before my mood takes a turn."

N&A crosses her arms just below her massive chest. I wonder if I'll have that when I get pregnant with Anthony's child. "Oh, is that a warning?"

Before I knew what was happening, the guns were back in the air. I'm the unfortunate person who is caught right in the middle of two egos. Stupid, you were the one who stepped on her kimono and refused to apologize. That's my inner voice stepping up.

If I did apologize, and she knew who I was then it would make the Maranzano family appear weak. Yes, I watch enough mafia movies to understand their powerful families' prideful nature.

Right now, in between more than a dozen potential bullets, I wish I was wearing heels and serving the general public edibles.

A red dot appears on the blonde woman's head. "I would suggest you lower your guns and discuss civilly," Alice said, as her side tucks away their weapons. The blonde woman's guards still had theirs as their eyes followed the red dots. "I don't believe Mr.Shindo would appreciate his mistress dead."

If N&A refers her to the mistress of Mr.Shinoda. Does that make her Mrs.Shinoda?

When they lower and tuck away their weapons; the red dot disappears. Holy bamboo shoot, I get it now. There is a sniper nearby.

"You know who I am?"

N&A smirks, "How can I step into someone else territory without knowing their history?"

"I'm under the assumption you knew I was going to be here."

"Your assumption isn't wrong. Mrs.Shinoda."

I'm not going to lie.

I want to be cool and collected like them.

Maybe, Anthony's mom isn't wrong about me being weak.

"Who are you exactly?" Mrs. Shinoda's question.

"I woul-"

"Alice?" a deep voice enters the room.

I looked at N&A whose name is Alice groaned. She turns her body halfway to the side and smacks her forehead. Mrs.Shinoda's guards spread apart, and a young familiar Italian man steps forward with a large grin on his face.

The man had a black suit, fitting his firm body and rich chocolate hair. He had strong arched brows and lashes so thick, that it made me want to slap his natural beauty. His eyes, although normal, were somehow catastrophic like he had witnessed many events in a single lifetime.

When he passed by me, he took a glance, but immediately disregarded my presence and stood in front of Alice. He shoves his hands inside his pockets as his eyes linger on her enlarged stomach then towards her left finger wrapped with a diamond ring "Well. Well. If it isn't my little wifey-boo."

Wifey-boo? Are they married?

Alice looked at him through her spread locks. "Thanks a lot for revealing my identity Marvin."