Chapter 19

Y/N smiled as she heard Jimin speaking down the phone to hear. His voice was soothing. "So, tell me about yourself. You said you were busy with some work things, what do you do?" The responses Jimin was giving during the conversation were very bland, and seemed short at times, but Y/N was enjoying the conversation she was having with him. "Oh, me? I just go to college..." she had to lie to him, of course she did. Biting her lip for a moment, she decided to propose an idea. It could be stupid, and Bang Chan might not let her, but she wanted to meet up with this boy again somewhere. "Hey, would you want to meet up one day soon, Jimin?"

Hyunjin was listening outside the room, and as soon as he heard that name get mentioned his eyes widened. He stormed into the room and snatched the phone out of Y/N's hand, putting it to his ear to hear Jimin finishing a sentence. As soon as it was confirmed that the woman was speaking to the male from the enemy gang, Hyunjin instantly hung up the phone without giving even a second for Jimin to realise Y/N was no longer on the other end of the line. "What the fuck, Jinnie?" Y/N exclaimed, reaching for her phone. Hyunjin shoved her away, not letting her get the phone. The shove wasn't harsh, it was just to keep her from grabbing the phone from his hands as he stared at the screen while it faded and turned itself off.

"Where did you get this bastards number?! Why do you have it?!" The tall blonde male towered over the girl, while she looked up at his face. There was a mix of anger and confusion twisted into her expression. "Fucking tell me, Y/N!" He raised his voice slightly as he spoke. It felt like he was scolding her for having this guys number rather than just asking her about it.

"At the masquerade ball. Why does it matter? He was just wanting to be friends." Y/N replied, rolling her eyes slightly as she was finally given her phone back. The phone buzzed in her phone as Jimin was trying to call again.

"Don't answer that. Block that number! He's one of them. And even if he was a civilian, you wouldn't be able to be friends with him anyway! Shit, Y/N. We have to tell Bang Chan. They might have traced that shitty call." Hyunjin's angry tone calmed down, but his glare didn't. He knew that the girl hadn't known better, but she should've been more careful. Had she forgotten that she was part of this gang earlier? Why had Jimin approached her, anyway? It's not like she was anything special.

"She's not picking up." Jimin sighed as he put his phone on the desk in front of him. "Did you get anything during the time I was speaking to her?" He looked up towards his gang members that were sitting at the table with him. Suga looked up from the computer and shook his head slowly. "We were close, but the call was cut off just before it locked the location. If she had picked up we would've had a chance at locking it, but not now." The male shut the computer down, looking around the group as J-Hope spoke up "Seokjinnie could drive around, she might be walking the streets. We don't actually know if she is with them, after all."

"No, she's with them. You heard the door slam open, right?" RM spoke up, removing the headset from his head that they had been using to listen into the call. "She's not outside, at the very least. That door only slammed open when she mentioned Jiminie's name. That whore said 'Jimin', and then someone definitely stormed in. It seems too coincidental for it to be a friend or family member. She's definitely one of them."

"But doesn't that mean they know that she knows us now?" Jin asked, sighing. Their one hope to getting close to finding that group had gone out the window. Suddenly, the realisation hit him. "Wait, they're going to warn her about Jiminie. Which means she won't contact again, and Jiminie won't be able to contact either." The handsome male groaned, leaning back in his chair. It felt like they were getting nowhere, even though they had made a lot of progress. They had figured out that the girl was a part of that gang.

V spoke up from the corner of the room, approaching the table at the same time. "She's part of their gang. However, she must be new, right? To not know who Jiminie is, or for us to not know who she is. I say we send a threat again, let them all know that we know about their little Princess. That was probably their only sneak attack plan, they'll panic. Don't worry, Namjoon." V looked towards their boss. "Things will fall into place. I'm sure of it."

"Taehyung, I hope you are right." The boss stated, before simply waving his hand. Everyone knew that they were dismissed from what they had been doing. They all exited the room, and Jimin followed V to the front doors of their base. They were going to take a stroll, to see if they could find anything to rob.

Meanwhile, Hyunjin had taken Y/N to Bang Chan to explain the situation that had occurred. Bang Chan was disappointed, and slightly annoyed at Y/N. "I told you that you had to be careful, but you go around accepting some random guys number! Did you see him speak to anyone else in that hall? You said he had approached you twice, had that not made you suspicious in any way?! I had said there would be other gangs in that place, and you were still careless with your actions."

Despite Hyunjin knowing that Bang Chan was only lecturing because what Y/N had done was dangerous, he couldn't help but feel sympathy for the young woman as she had technically been tricked into thinking that blue haired man was good. Not only that, but the girl wasn't even looking up, and it seemed like she was upset by what Bang Chan was saying. Even when she mumbled a quiet apology, it sounded like her voice had cracked a little. Hyunjin sighed, looking to Bang Chan as he spoke up. "Hey, Chan. I think she knows. Let's just...cool it." The blonde male stood beside Y/N, giving her a gentle pat on the back in an attempt to be comforting. He still focused his words towards Bang Chan though. "We just need to think of a plan, in case they managed to trace the call."

"They wouldn't have been able to. By the sounds of it, she wasn't on the call long enough. Let's warn the others just in case. Nobody is leaving this place without a partner, too. If anyone wants to go out, they have to take someone with them. I don't want those pricks picking you guys off one by one because you're alone." Bang Chan rubbed the back of his neck before running a hand through his hair and pacing back and forth across the room.

Y/N spoke up, a bit louder this time. "They don't know where we are, and I blocked the number. We could hide out here for a little while, to make sure this passes over." Hyunjin nodded beside her, and both of them watched as Bang Chan slowly agreed.

"We will only go out when necessary, which won't be often. I'll have some guards shop for us, the rest of us will only go out if we have a job to do, but there won't be many jobs until this blows over. Speaking of, I do have a job for the both of you to do together." Bang Chan reminded himself as he started filing through cupboards and pulling out a single piece of paper, which was only half filled with writing. "I know it's not much information, but there is an armoury I want you to get some guns and ammo from. I trust that you both will be able to do that? The guards there are very sexually frustrated, so that's why you'll be going Y/N. You'll be a distraction while Hyunjin gets the weapons and ammo. Or, since now the both of you are skilled fighters, you could go head first. Either way, the armoury is a 48 hour drive from here, so the sooner you set off the better."

Both Hyunjin and Y/N looked at each other. The girl shrugged in agreement to doing the mission, anything to prove that she wasn't as useless as they were all going to be thinking again. She couldn't be thought of as the most useless one of them, not again.