Chapter 2

Y/N's eyes widened at the sound of the voice on the other side of the door. How did he find her already? Did he follow her home? The young woman didn't move, too frightened that she would make a noise to let him know she was inside the apartment. Y/N was practically hoping this was a bad dream, that she would wake up and go to work as normal, return home without any sighting of a murder. There was another knock, louder and more forceful, and the girl swallowed a lump in her throat when the man spoke again. "Oi, answer the fucking door! We know you're in there, we just watched you enter." The voice was harsh, and sounded quite angry. In her mind, Y/N was screaming at him to leave, telling him she wouldn't tell anyone what she saw if he just left her apartment, but on the outside she stayed quiet. Just staring at the front door, expecting him to get so angry he just barges in. That didn't happen though, there was some rustling outside and Y/N thought he was leaving. But instead, he was gently tapping his foot on the ground.

On the other side of the door, the man was looking down the hall of apartments, raising his eyebrow at the place. 'She really does live in a dump.' He thought to himself, before he soon got fed up and tried to speak to her again. All she had to do was open the door, it's not like he could stand here all night. "Come on, you know we aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Just open the door, we can talk inside. It's quite bothersome having to talk through a door." He scoffed, shoving his hands in his pockets and relaxing his posture. He had heard the girl inside moving around, and knew that she was trying to be as quiet as she could so he thought she wasn't in. Did she really think he was that dumb? He literally saw her run into this apartment.

Slowly approaching the door, Y/N placed her ear against it to listen to what was going on outside. She was startled when her apartment's front door handle started to shake. The guy on the other side of the door thought it would be unlocked. It seemed clear to her that he wasn't going to roughly push his way into her apartment, so Y/N finally called out to him through the door. "You should leave, I'm not sure who you are wanting to find here but I am not that person." Her voice cracked, and Y/N knew that no matter how confident she had wanted to sound, the guy would've been able to hear the voice crack and realise that she was petrified. There was an agitated sigh from the man outside, before a different voice spoke up. "You know damn well what you saw, we aren't here to argue with you. Let us in, now. We will get in there one way or another, whether you let us or we have to force our way."

Who did these men think they were? Y/N gritted her teeth and clenched her fists as she shouted at the men outside. "Fuck off! I'm not letting you into my apartment!" While her sudden burst of confidence allowed her to shout, that confidence drained as fast as it appeared when the door started shaking and the men on the other side were bumping into it, attempting to knock it open. The hinges of the door cracked, and the wooden door split at the locks and swung open, crashing against the wall of the apartment at a titled angle from the force it was knocked in. Y/N stood staring in shock at the two men in front of her, and even though they were facing her she still couldn't see their faces. Damn hooded clothing.

"Hello, so nice of you to let us in." The taller one sarcastically murmured, strutting into her apartment like it was his own. "You know, you could've survived had you not seen us doing our little job. You know what you saw, right? Or heard?" The male reached into his pocket and the female was sure he was going to pull his gun out and shoot her. In fact, she had pretty much accepted that she was going to die, and closed her eyes waiting for the pain to come. But, instead of a gun, the male pulled out his phone and started punching a number in.

The second male smirked at Y/N as she opened her eyes back up. "Your lucky that we aren't here to kill you, yet. Bang Chan will probably tell us to just kill you, he doesn't let us keep witnesses alive, but we have to get confirmation off him first." He spoke casually to the girl, shrugging his shoulders as if he was just talking about something you do daily. Well, these guys probably did do this daily, with how calm they were. The first male finally spoke into the phone at his ear. "Bang Chan, we found the witness." He paused as he looked her up and down, listening to what the person on the other end of the phone was saying. "Yeah, she was alone...do you want us to kill her? ...alright, will do. Thanks, Boss." He clicked the phone shut and stuffed it back into his pocket before striding towards Y/N. The girl backed up, and gasped when the tall male grabbed her arm. His grip was extremely harsh, and she was sure it was restricting her blood flow, but when she opened her mouth to say something the second man instantly interrupted. "What's up? Are we killing her?"

"Boss wants to meet her first." The tall male seemed disappointed that he couldn't kill the female witness. He started to walk again, pulling Y/N along with him, his grip still digging into her upper arm. "Come on, be thankful you aren't getting killed yet. Boss doesn't usually allow us to keep witnesses alive, he never wants to meet them. If you don't come with us we will just kill you here, right now, and tell him you fought instead of co-operating."

"What the hell is wrong with you people? Why are you so obsessed with killing people? And why do you ever think I would co-operate with murderers?" Y/N spat, glaring up at the male dragging her through the apartment building. The second male, who was trailing behind the two, chuckled lightly, before his laugh grew and he swiftly moved past the two so he was in front of them. Turning around, he began to walk backwards so he could face Y/N as he spoke to answer her. "Murderers? Now, murderers are people who kill without reason, at times. We are not murderers, since we kill for our jobs. We are actually Mafia members. We don't only kill, we do other things, but what you saw tonight was one of our many jobs."

"Hush, you're telling her too much." The taller male snapped, worried that the girl would tell people about them. Though, they weren't really telling her too much. Afterall, she would probably end up dead anyway after meeting their boss, so she wouldn't have anyone to tell anyway. It didn't seem like the girl was fully listening anyway, Y/N had heard up to the word 'Mafia' and her brain was trying to process it. She hadn't even noticed at first that they were out of the apartment building. It was only when she was pushed roughly into the back seat of a car and the men got in on either side of her that she realised she was fucked.

"I.N, drive." The tall male spoke again, and instantly the car sped off down the moonlit street. It was only when they were in the safety of the car did the men pull their hoods down, and Y/N managed to actually get a decent look at them. Not that it mattered anymore. The second male had quite a deathly glare, his short, straight hair was parted slightly to the side and it was a dirty blonde colour. Whereas, the first male, his glare wasn't so deathly. The hair on this male was also blonde, a brighter blonde than the shorter male, and the taller males hair was also longer. Y/N watched as he swiftly pulled his hair up into a ponytail, before pulling his side hairs out of it and tucking them behind his ear. Running his hand over his hair, probably to make sure it was neat, the tall male spoke up. "Don't worry, girly. We won't be stuck in this car for long. Your apartment isn't far from where we need to be." Y/N wasn't listening, she was too shocked at how perfectly he managed to pull his hair into a ponytail and pull the side hairs out without a mirror. It usually took her around three attempts, with a mirror, to do it as perfect as he did without one.

After finally not focusing on the gorgeous hair, Y/N sighed. She didn't look too scared on the outside, but she was still terrified of what was going to happen after she met these mafia members' boss.