Chapter 21

The last 24 hours of the drive seemed to go quicker than the first. Y/N enjoyed the drive after seeing the sunrise before they had started to drive again. She missed the next sunrise as she had fallen asleep in the passenger seat. As the sun broke through the clouds in the sky, it woke her up. Her eyes fluttered open, and she groaned sleepily before reaching up and pulling the sun visor down to protect her eyes from the light.

"Morning sleepy head." Hyunjin teased, concentrating on the road as they were nearing the destination. "I hope you slept well and are ready. We have to park a little walk away, not too far, but enough to not be seen. There are a lot more guards than we first anticipated." He explained as they turned down an alley and he stopped the engine of the car. "I drove by before coming here, to scout the area. They won't suspect us as there were many cars driving by at the time, we have to be careful." The blonde male ran his hand through his hair before reaching down to the floor of the passengers side and opening the duffel bag. He pulled out a simple pistol and leaned forwards in his seat to put it in the back of his jeans, covering it with his shirt.

Y/N also pulled a pistol out of the bag and put it in the back of her jeans. They both also had knives hidden in sheaths which were also hidden away. Y/N's was hidden by her knee-high boots, and Hyunjin's was hidden on his waistband. "You know the direction we need to walk?" Y/N mumbled, reaching for the door. Hyunjin nodded, before opening his door and climbing out. Once the girl with him had climbed out, they started walking together to the end of the alley. It was too sunny for them to be able to just run into the place, they had to be slow and steady.

Hyunjin scouted the area, making sure the guards weren't looking their direction, before ushering for Y/N to follow him as he quietly moved towards the armoury. The two suddenly stopped and pressed against a wall as some guards walked by. Y/N held her breath as she watched them walk right in front of her and Hyunjin, before he grabbed her wrist gently and tugged her to follow after him.

The two managed to get inside the armoury with no issues, but inside was a lot more guarded than outside. Hyunjin suddenly pushed Y/N to the side and ran the opposite way as guards turned to look their direction. They were out of sight, but the guards knew someone was inside the armoury. They spoke into their radios, and Y/N looked over at Hyunjin from where she was hiding.

Hyunjin placed his finger to his lips, urging the girl to stay quiet, before motioning for her to run around the back of the armoury and meet him at the room to the back, where the guns were kept. Watching as the girl nodded and turned to start sneaking her way around, Hyunjin started to make his own way. He peered around the corner of his hiding spot, and waited for the guards to walk away before he tiptoed to a small walkway in the armoury. He was determined to get to the gun room quickly, get the guns and ammo, and get him and Y/N out of here without any trouble.

Unfortunately, Y/N had been spotted by a guard, and he was chasing her through the building. He had already alerted other guards of the direction she was running, and while he had lost her, another guard had seen her. "Shit..." she mumbled, dodging out of the way of the mans reach. The woman ducked under his arm, running forwards to dodge him swinging his gun in her direction. He was trying to hit her with the rifle to make her fall, but he missed and she managed to grab her knife. If there was more than one guard she was fighting, she would've reached for her gun, but there was only one. Not only that, but the knife was quieter than the gun. If she was able to strike him with the knife before he set the gun off, she would be in the clear. Her location wouldn't be made known to other guards.

Whipping her head around, the girl brought the knife up and sliced at the man. It cut his coat, but missed his skin. He managed to swing his gun into her gut, causing her to double over. The impact of the weapon hitting her had winded her, but she still reached up and grabbed the gun. The guard opened the double-barrel rifle accidentally when he tried to wrestle it out of the girls grip, but this gave him the opportunity to get her to let go of it. He slammed it into her arm, closing it and pinching her skin harshly between the crack, as if he was trying to close it with her skin still in it. It split open her skin, and the warm blood started to drip down her arm, to her elbow.

Y/N yelled out in pain, even though she had tried not to make a sound at first, before bringing her knee up to harshly knee the man between the legs. He stumbled away from her, leaving her to swing her knife into his neck. Choking on his own blood, the guard dropped his gun and held his neck. He looked up at the girl, who was holding her arm, staring at the man in shock. She had just given this man a death sentence, and while she was in shock that wasn't her main concern. Her head swivelled to the side when she heard footsteps coming her way, and she grabbed her knife back before stepping into the shadows and hiding. Her yell of pain from him splitting the skin on her arm with the gun had alerted two other guards that were nearby of her location, and they had come to investigate what was going on.

"Jesus Christ. Let's find that bitch..." one of the guards mumbled as they came across the dead body of their colleague. The two guards aimed their guns in every direction, pacing up and down the corridor as they looked in every hiding place there was. If they saw the slightest movement, they were going to shoot. Y/N was listening as they were getting closer, holding her arm in pain, after silently sliding her knife back into its hidden sheath. As the guards grew closer, she reached for her gun. Holding it in her hand tightly, waiting for them to come into view so she could shoot them before they shot her.

Her heart was thumping against her chest, it seemed like time had slowed down. Y/N was so lost in listening for the guards coming closer, she didn't hear the footsteps behind her. Suddenly, someone grabbed her from behind, covering her mouth so she didn't make a sound. and as she went to fight them, they wrapped their arm around her body to hold her arms down, pulling her backwards.

"Don't panic, it's only me." Hyunjin's voice whispered in her ear. Y/N instantly relaxed when she heard his voice, and he let go of her, pulling her further into the shadows as they both looked at each other in silence, waiting for the guards to walk past them.