Chapter 20

Hyunjin was driving the car, while Y/N was loading their guns for them both in the passenger seat. It was a long drive, but they were better off being prepared for the destination. Sure, they were going to be robbing the armoury for weapons and ammo, since they were low on ammo. However, using the little ammo they had to fight if needed was necessary for them to make it out alive. On occasions, Hyunjin would glance over at Y/N and try to spark up a conversation with her. However, she seemed disinterested. Y/N was too busy trying to think of what the exact plan was when they were to arrive.

"You're in deep thought again." Hyunjin mumbled, as the girl stopped loading a gun midway through stocking its ammo. The car slowed as the traffic light at the end of the road turned red, and Hyunjin turned his body slightly to look towards the young woman with him. "Hey, you'll do fine. Stop worrying about the plan, and just do whatever comes to your mind." He frowned when the girl side-eyed him with a raised eyebrow.

"I just don't understand why we have to sneak around. Chan said they're 'sexually frustrated' guards. If I distract them, you'll be able to go in and out without them seeing you and then I can leave when I know you've collected all the weapons and ammo in there." Y/N stated blankly, her facial expression not changing. She hadn't wanted to be a seducer, but that was the role she had been given. Plus, she felt she was better at seducing than she was at sneaking around and fighting, so wasn't sure she actually wanted to experience fighting.

Hyunjin just shrugged, before turning back to drive as the traffic light changed back to green. "I might need help carrying the weapons. Plus, there's only one of you, and there might be many of them. Your distraction may not work, or may do more harm than it's worth. If there was more than just me coming, then yeah you would be the distraction. That way someone would be able to watch to make sure you're okay at all times. In this gang, we watch out for each other." Hyunjin felt he was making very valid points about her safety, but Y/N thought that he just thought she wasn't good enough. However, she didn't argue. Instead, she just finished up loading the last bit of ammo into the guns. "There. All loaded." The girl huffed, shoving the last gun into the duffel bag they had brought.

The long drive was boring, quiet, and caused a lot of uncomfortable pain from sitting in one position for so long. It hadn't even been the full 48 hours, but Hyunjin needed to sleep. He had driven around half way there, and was exhausted from the lack of sleep. Naturally, the gang would take in turns to drive, so there wouldn't be anyone who lacked sleep and was tired. However, that couldn't happen this time, as there was only Hyunjin and Y/N going on this mission, and Y/N couldn't drive yet. The sooner Bang Chan got her driving lessons, the better.

To sleep, Hyunjin climbed into the backseat of the car, and tied his hair up in a small ponytail. "I've set an alarm, but wake me up if anything happens while I'm sleeping." He lay down on the backseat, his hands behind his head as he closed his eyes to try resting. The poor man couldn't stretch out all the way as he was too tall for the width of the car, so his knees were bent and one of his feet where planted on the floor of the car. It didn't look very comfy, but since he was so tired, he didn't seem fazed.

Y/N was getting very bored, very quickly, sitting in the car while Hyunjin slept in the back. They were in the middle of nowhere, just pulled up at the side of the road. She didn't blame him for sleeping, as she was aware that he was exhausted, but it didn't stop her from getting bored. The drive wouldn't even take 48 hours if they drove through the middle of the country, but they were driving around the border so they weren't spotted by enemy gangs. It felt ridiculous, but Y/N understood it was the safest option for them.

As the minutes turned to hours of Hyunjin sleeping in the back of the car, Y/N would occasionally glance behind her seat to check on him. Especially when he would sometimes talk in his sleep. The first time he had spoken, she thought he had woken up, but realised he had just sleep-talked. It was sweet, and caused her to smile. Y/N wanted to wake him up now, but also didn't want to. He seemed to be sleeping peacefully, and he had been tired. Instead of waking him, Y/N carefully opened the passenger seats door. She did it as quietly as she could do she could step outside the car and stretch her legs. They were cramping up and it was getting painful.

The young woman knew she wouldn't go far, she just needed to walk a little. The car was still in sight so she was able to watch over the blonde male as he slept, and also was still in sight for if he woke up. The cool breeze outside the car was refreshing, and the girl closed her eyes as she felt the rush of the wind blow through her hair. There was nothing to be seen for miles, just road and fields, and it was actually really nice. No danger, no stress, nothing. Just peacefulness. The sun was beginning to rise, and it was beautiful.

Lost in the gorgeous view of the sunset, Y/N didn't hear footsteps approaching her. She was startled when she heard a familiar voice call out to her. "It's lovely, isn't it?" The woman turned her head to look at the man speaking to her. Smiling up at Hyunjin, he walked closer and stood beside her.

"I wasn't aware you had woken up." The girl began, but Hyunjin just hushed her. He pulled his hands out of his pockets and patted the girl on the head. "That's because I am quiet. Now, just enjoy the sunrise. We have to get moving again soon." As he turned around to walk back towards the car, to get ready to leave when Y/N was done watching the sunrise, he decided to pull his phone out and take a picture from behind Y/N.

The woman's silhouette in the light of the sunrise made the perfect photograph, and he couldn't help but take a photo of it. He did have a small hobby of photography that not many people knew about, so when he was able to take some nice photos he would always take the opportunity and get the photos.

Soon, Y/N stretched her arms above her head and moved to join Hyunjin back at the car. "Alright, let's go." The woman cheerfully stated. It was obvious that she was in a good mood now, after watching the sunrise, and was quite happy.

The car started up again and the two continued their journey towards the armoury they were going to rob. Hyunjin was worried, but not because he knew the place would be guarded well. He was worried about Y/N, and how she would handle the fight they were going to be dealing with. The blonde male cared about everyone in his gang, and even though he started off disliking Y/N, they had a bond that had formed from her joining. He didn't want her getting hurt, just like he wouldn't want anyone else from his gang getting hurt.