Chapter 23

The drive home was over faster than it seemed, and Y/N helped Hyunjin walk into the mansion. He had managed fine in driving them home, but his leg was causing him discomfort and it was obvious with his facial expression. Despite the blonde male trying to cover up his pain, Y/N was able to see that the gunshot wound was what caused his twisted expression. Dumping the duffel bag at the entrance, Y/N called out when the door behind her and Hyunjin closed. "Hello? We're back!"

"Y/N! Jinnie!" An Australian voice echoed throughout the lobby as Felix dashed down the stairs as fast as he could, tackling the both of them in a hug. Hyunjin almost toppled over, while Y/N winced in pain as Felix accidentally smacked where her wound on her arm was. "Ah, shit. Sorry. Come on, Minnie is waiting for you both in his medical room. You okay to walk, Jinnie?"

"Yep, I'm fine Felix. Thanks." Hyunjin smiled, ruffling the Australians hair before he ushered Y/N towards the medical room. Felix was following them both, wanting to stick by the two of them. Afterall, they had been gone for two days from the long drive. Entering the medical room, Y/N offered Hyunjin to take the seat, which he first argued against until Felix helped Y/N to force him to sit. It was better that he was sitting to rest his wounded leg instead of putting pressure on it by standing.

Seungmin approached the trio, pointing at Hyunjin first. "No offence, Y/N, but I think I'll get him first. He needs a bullet removing before an infection forms." He offered a cute smile towards the woman, and she nodded to show she understood. Hyunjin's wound was worse than hers anyway. His was a fucking gunshot, hers was nothing more than what she expected a knife wound would be. Just a small open slice.

While Hyunjin was getting treated, the man clenching his fists in pain as Seungmin removed the bullet from his leg, Felix pulled Y/N to a corner of the room to speak to her. "What happened out there? You guys weren't followed, were you?"

"No, Felix. Don't worry. We got caught, and I ended up fighting one on one with an armed guard. His rifle opened but he used that to pinch my arm, causing it to split open and cause my wound. I managed to defeat him and I..." Y/N trailed off, the image of the man choking on his own blood flashing into her head again. The pained expression in his eyes as he looked up at her while he held his neck, his death closing in. The sudden flashback caused her to stumble, knocking a few supplies to the floor. As they clattered against the flooring, Felix reached out to help Y/N keep her balance, and both Hyunjin and Seungmin looked her way.

"Y/N? You okay?" Seungmin spoke up first, a worried look in his puppy-like eyes. Y/N caught his eyes, and looked between him, Hyunjin and Felix. All three of them were looking at her worriedly, but she just crouched down and picked up the supplies that she had knocked over. "Sorry, Minnie." She refused to answer if she was okay, because she felt she was going to breakdown if she spoke about her kill. Clearing her throat, and blinking back tears, Y/N tried not to think about what she had done.

Felix crouched in front of her, still holding her gently, and moving his hand to rest on her shoulder. Tilting his head, he was able to get a glance at Y/N's tear filled eyes. "Hey..." he spoke softly, understanding now what was going through her head. What had caused her sudden stumble and teary eyes. "You did what you had to, alright? Don't think too much about it. There was nothing else you could've done..." Felix saw a few tears slowly roll down Y/N's cheeks, and gently pulled her in for a hug. His arms wrapped warmly around her, his right hand rubbing her back as she closed her eyes and buried her face into his shoulder.

Even while she wasn't trying to think about it, even while she was trying to distract herself, tears would pool out of her eyes. She wasn't crying heavily, just a soft cry, but she wasn't wanting to be seen with tears rolling down her face. Hyunjin chewed on the inside of his cheek, before speaking up. "Y/N, don't cry...I know it's hard to get used to that part of the job, I'm sorry that you had to experience it so soon."

Y/N got to work at stopping the tears roll down her face, lifting out from Felix's warm and comforting hug, before wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. She let out a small, short and quiet laugh "look at me, I'm such an idiot. You guys do this all the time and I'm breaking down because of it..."

"That's normal. Not one of us were perfectly content after our first kill. It's something that you get used to, and it's hard to get used to it at first. You may have times where you feel like breaking down often, until you do get used to it. But if you ever need to cry, do not worry about doing it around us. We will understand, and we are here for you always." Seungmin spoke to the young woman, before returning to bandaging up Hyunjin's wound after getting the bullet out.

Hyunjin and Felix both nodded as a response and agreement to what Seungmin had said. Y/N felt comforted, it felt like they were some sort of family that she had always wanted. A weird, dangerous family. But they were gentle with each other, they were caring, they were sweet. It was a friendship kind of family, that she was glad she could say she was part of.

"Alright, Jinnie. You're done." Seungmin's sudden cheery tone filled the room, and Hyunjin stood from the seat. "Thanks, Minnie. Y/N, your turn." He smiled at Y/N. Walking towards her, he held out his hand and allowed her to take it to help her stand up again. Felix continued to clean up the small mess she had made which she hadn't managed to finish cleaning. "Ah, Felix don't worry about that! I clumsily knocked them, I'll sort it in a minute."

"Don't worry, you just focus on getting that wound bandaged up." Felix beamed, the blonde haired male looking at the other blonde male before standing and patting him on the back. Once the mess was tidied, Felix took his leave. Seungmin started to bandage Y/N's arm, being gentle with it as it was bruising around the wound already. He complimented her on her pain tolerance, as to have a gun trap your skin harsh enough to split it and not seem fazed by it there must be a strong tolerance to pain. Y/N shrugged his compliment off, but thanked him as she did so.

It didn't take as long for her wound to be sorted as it did for Hyunjin's, since hers didn't require a bullet to be removed. Seungmin started packing away the leftover bandages and told the two they could leave, advising them both to rest their wounded limbs.

Once they had left the medical room, Hyunjin grabbed Y/N gently and pulled her in for a sudden hug. While shocked by the hug, her eyes slightly wider than usual, Y/N returned it by wrapping her arms lightly around the tall male. "Whats this for?" She asked him, her head tilting upwards to gaze into his eyes.

He looked down, back into her eyes, and softly smiled. "It's for doing your best, and not giving up. You did well, I'm proud of you. Seems like your training ended up working afterall." He teased the last sentence, before pulling away from the hug. Y/N scoffed, her eyes rolling. "You could've stuck with the compliment, and left the tease out."

"That tease was a compliment as well!" He exclaimed, putting his hand to his heart and pulling a fake hurt expression. "I'm insulted that you would even think it was only a tease. Though the look on your face was funny." His last statement earned him a gentle smack on the arm, another scoff, and a chuckle out of Y/N. He was so dramatic, he even pretended the gentle hit had been harder than it was. It was actually kind of sweet.

"Hey, Y/N, Jinnie?" Hyunjin reached up to run his hand through his hair as Lee Know approached them. "The guys are going out for a meal tonight. If you two aren't too tired after your mission, and feel up to it, do you wanna join us?"

"Sure, we'd love to." Hyunjin answered for both him and Y/N, not even giving the woman a chance. She wouldn't have argued though, she would have loved to spend time outside the mansion with everyone. A nice meal sounded like a good plan, and would be fun for everyone.

"Great! I'll let everyone know. Don't worry about dressing up, we aren't going anywhere fancy." Lee Know smiled at the two, before all three of them went their separate ways. Hyunjin went to his room to get some proper rest after the extreme amount of driving he had done, so he would be refreshed for the meal later, Lee Know went to join Han and I.N in the living room, and Y/N walked towards the kitchen to grab herself a drink.