Chapter 3

The car slowly came to a halt outside a building. "I'll be right back, just gotta do something." The driver smiled, it seemed like a sweet and innocent smile, and it made the young woman forget for a second that she was in a car of mafia members. Y/N glanced out the window as the driver left to examine how the building he was entering looked. It was gorgeous, much like some of the beautiful large homes she would see in movies. It was three stories tall, with a balcony on both the upper floors. There were pillars outside the front door, with a triangular roof over the porch. Just above the triangular roof there was a big window.

Since these people had said they were part of a mafia, Y/N assumed they lived in a house to blend in with regular citizens more. They probably had a lot of enemies that wanted to hunt them down. Though, when the male with the deathly glare noticed her looking at the house, he chuckled. "That's not the right building, that's just our cover up. You're going to our actual home, that's where our boss is, it's where we stay. I.N just stops here so he can scope out to make sure none of our enemies are following us." This must be a regular routine for them. Y/N didn't expect, or really care much, for the explanation. But it did make her realise how smart they were, and how stupid she was to think they would just drive straight to their home.

Just as Y/N slouched back into the seat, the front car door opened and I.N got back in. "Alright, off we go." He muttered, before driving off. The young woman in the car felt the tall blonde male shift, and his hand fell over her eyes. "Sorry lady, you can't see where we are driving." Even if she was going to die, he felt it was best just in case she managed to run from them that she didn't see where they lived. Afterall, she had now seen their faces and their cover home, if she saw where they actually stayed she would be able to report them to cops. His hand over her eyes was actually quite warm, which she didn't expect. Y/N scoffed, rolling her eyes behind the mans hand. She didn't even think to count how many turns they were taking until there had been too many to start.

A little while went by, which probably felt longer because Y/N was technically sitting in the dark, before the car stopped and there was a creaking noise of iron gates opening. The sound of the road changed to sounds of small pebbles under the cars tyres as it slowly inched forwards and onto the drive of the house. When the car came to a full halt, Y/N heard the iron gates get closed and the driver get out the car. There were more voices outside the car, but she couldn't make out what they were saying due to the closed doors muffling their words. The blonde covering her eyes shifted once more, and his door opened before he climbed out and pulled the girl out.

"Who's she?" A new voice sounded. Y/N's eyes were still being covered by the blonde, even as she was being pulled out of the car. "Just a stupid witness. Bang Chan wanted to meet her before we killed her." The one holding her spoke in his oddly calm voice. Suddenly, she was being pushed forwards, and the male was guiding her up the porch and into the front door of the building.

"Can I see where I am now?" Y/N spoke quietly, before her eyes were uncovered and she had to squint slightly due to the sudden burst of light her eyes were getting after so long of being covered. Once her eyes had adjusted to the light, the girl glanced around. They were in the lobby of a huge building, with curved marble stairs that split off to the next floor and a large round rug at the bottom. The railing of the stairs was golden with a swirling pattern, which matched perfectly with the golden chandelier hanging above the rug at the bottom of the stairs. There were doors to rooms everywhere Y/N looked, she could tell this mafia gang must be a large one, or a well known one, or just rich, or all three.

"Come on, this way." The girl was tugged by her arm again towards a door on the right, and the tall male knocked twice before calling through the door. "We're back."

"Enter." Came a voice from inside, with an accent different to the others. The tall male opened the door and pulled Y/N inside before closing it behind him. There was a male with brown hair sitting at a desk, looking through some sort of file and typing on his computer. It took him a few moments to finish what he was doing on his computer before he turned his body to face the door where the strange female and blonde male were standing. "Ah, this is her?" The blonde just simply nodded, before letting go of Y/N's arm for the first time since they left the car and moving to lean on the wall by the door.

The brown haired male stood from behind the desk, looking in the girls direction. She noticed his eyes look her up and down before he hummed, and motioned towards the chair on the other side of his desk. "I think you should sit down, don't you?" Y/N felt her heartbeat speed up slightly as she slowly shuffled towards the chair, taking a seat and placing her hands in her lap, her fingers twiddling with nervousness.

The boss sat down once again, cleared his throat, and placed his elbows on the desk, his head on the back of his hands as he looked directly at the girl sat in front of him. "So, let's speed past the introductions, I'm Bang Chan. I'm sure you know why I want to see you? You saw something you weren't supposed to, although we aren't sure how much exactly you saw. Care to explain what exactly it was?" His voice may have sounded calm, but the position he was sitting in, and the way he was watching Y/N made her nervous. He was wanting her to admit it so he could kill her.

Swallowing a lump in her throat, Y/N started to speak, her eyes fixated on her lap as she suddenly just blurted out anything and everything that came to her mind. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to see your gang members killing someone! But one of them pushed past me, and it was honestly coincidence that he happened to do his murder in the same alley I took to get home. Please, don't kill me...I won't tell anyone anything that I know, I just want to go to college and live my life. I'll even move away from here..." there was a long silence, before Bang Chan glanced up to the blonde at the door and back to the girl. "Look at me." Y/N hesitated, but allowed her head to lift and looked at the boss in the eyes for a second. He looked back towards the male standing at the door. "You know, I wanted to meet her because one of our enemies have used this trick before, they pretend to be an innocent witness. You remember that, right?"

"So you wanted me to bring her to our hideout? To see if she was an enemy? That is ridiculous! That's dangerous, they could've found out where we-" the male stopped talking after Bang Chan held his hand up and continued where he had left off his clearly rhetorical question. "It appears as if this girl is indeed just a civilian. The other gangs may have been good at acting in the past, but this is no act. In fact, I don't even think she is part of a gang."

"No shit she isn't, you should've seen the dump she lives in." Y/N already knew she lived in an awful apartment complex, but it still made her embarrassed to hear it off people. Even off these people, who were toying with her, telling her everything that they could before they would kill her.

"Exactly. That is why, I have an offer." Bang Chan looked directly into the girls eyes again, the corners of his lips turned upwards in a small smirk, so small it was barely visible.

"How would you like to join our gang?"