Not a Pretty Day?

You were getting ready for school when you noticed the dark bags under your eyes.
Last night you had got home late like you knew you would, but you also still had homework to complete before heading to sleep.
You cursed the teachers as to why they even assigned homework on the first day of the school year.
You didn't end up finally falling asleep till past 2am.
Getting up for six and to be at school for eight.

You didn't even bother to try and make yourself look 'cute' as Emiko would say. You just threw your H/l in a lazy bun and hoped that the bags under your eyes would go away during the day.

After putting on your uniform you headed down stairs to greet your parents good morning and to grab a quick bite to eat before heading for the train station to get to school.
The ride to Nekoma usually took twenty mins, and another ten minute walk from the station.

You didn't bother to eat anything heavy as your stomach felt queasy from the lack of sleep.
Your mother was the first to greet you with a smile before handing you your bento box for lunch.

"You look tired today hun." She said in her usual soft tone voice.

You only nodded to her as you buttered the toast that just popped out of the toaster.
Toast was easy to take with you and eat on the way to the station.

"Maybe you should ask for shorter shifts? Ya know with school starting again, I don't want you to be exhausted.."

You shook your head. "Were understaffed since school came back in, a lot of the girls quit, so there's only three of us working there now..even if I did ask for shorter and less hours, I'd get declined..."

"When did you find out about the others quitting?" Your dad spoke up as he came into the kitchen, giving his wife a kiss before grabbing a cup of coffee.

"Last night..I have to work again tonight...same time.."

"Well, I have a shorter day today at the store, I can come get you so you don't have to take the train." You dad tried to smile.

You nodded. "That would actually be nice..but I better get going..Love you guys."

"Have a good day!" Your parents said at the same time, giving each other a smile and sharing a laugh.

You admired the way their love showed.
Not once have you had a moment like that with Renjiro, you wondered if you ever would.

****

Arriving at the school, you went to your locker to take off your outdoor shoes and to slip on your indoors, yawning almost every minute.

"Wow you look like trash today." Emiko's voice chimed behind you.

You looked over to her with tired eyes. You were about to complain about the long hours at work but remembered how she didn't know about your job, so you quickly came up with a lie.
"Um..you know those nights where you just keep waking up in the middle of the night? But each time is harder to fall back asleep?"

"Um not really but I can picture it yes." She said as she brushed her hair behind her shoulder.
You furrowed your brows as you saw a hickey on her neck, clearly visible and bright purple, letting you know it was fresh.

But you didn't ask her about it, as you didn't feel like gossiping at this moment with what guy she had been with this time.
"We better get to homeroom, class will be starting soon..."

She let out a long groan. "Fine, yeah, Okay!" She smiled as she pulled her black hair back over her shoulder to cover the bruise again.
Making you assume she wanted you to ask but since you didn't made her sassy.
You noted to ask her at lunch since you didn't want to deal with her in that state. 

As you both were walking to your class, you felt someone grab your wrist and turn you around. At first you were shocked but then realized that it was just Renjiro. He held a wide smile on his face.
"Hey baby."
He then leaned down to you and forcefully kissed you.
You pulled away from the sudden greeting.

He furrowed his brows at your actions but still kept his grip on your wrist.
"What's your problem?" 

You blinked a couple of time as you processed his tone, but came to your senses.
"I'm sorry, you just startled me that all."
You then leaned into him for another kiss, he deepened it more than you liked.

"So um..how was the tryouts yesterday?" You stumbled out, feeling the slight pain of the grip he had on your wrist finally let go.

"Great! Some were a joke that came to tryout. But we have a good team." He gleamed.

"That's good news..but why talk about people like that? Calling them a joke? They just wanted to tryout..."

Renjiro laughed in your face. "Are you being serious right now? They were a joke, coming out like they actually had skill when they couldn't' even dribble a ball."

"That's embarrassing." Emiko spoke up.

Renjiro flashed a smile to her. "Right? See she gets it, why can't you?"

You sighed in defeat, feeling an unwanted feeling grow in your stomach.
"You're right, sorry..I'm just tired."

Renjiro laughed. "Yeah you do, you look horrible actually. No one of your pretty days that's for sure."

Emiko let out a laugh with Renjiro, but you stayed silent, feeling the unwanted feeling grow bigger and bigger the more they talked.
Boyfriends aren't supposed to say that right?

Sighing in defeat, you and Emiko said goodbye to Renjiro before walking into your class.

From a far stood Kenma and Kuroo.
Kuroo was walking Kenma to class since it was on the way to his when they both overheard what was said.

"I can't believed he said that to her.." Kenma said softly.

"Neither can I...And my sister just laughed?"

"No offense but your sister is a bitch.."

Kuroo laughed. "Yeah..I have to agree with you on that one.."

"L/n doesn't deserve that kind of treatment..she obviously didn't get much sleep..probably from thinking of what her so called boyfriend said to her yesterday..and yet he just ruins her self esteem more?"

Kuroo watched as Kenma spoke of you. Smiling to himself as he listened to his friend's complaints about your boyfriend. He didn't ask Kenma why he cared so much, as he would only give him the cold shoulder, but he had a good idea as to why.