Daydreaming

As the classroom started to fill with students waiting for the teacher to arrive.
You found yourself playing what happened earlier over and over in your head, making you feel more and more sad.
Not really noticing, you were drawing a constand black circle on your notebook, over and over your pen swirled as your mind was elsewhere.

Kenma noticed your distant mood as you drew on your notebook, wasting the ink in the pen.
He wanted to say something to you but what would be say?
He doesn't think that you'd be very happy if you knew others heard what went down, but he hated seeing you like this.
In his mind, a boyfriend should never call his girl ugly in any way. And yet here was Renjiro, saying it like it was fine and leaving you to feel depressed.
Kenma made a bet with himself that you'd probably come to school tomorrow with your hair curled and a bit of makeup on, trying to make yourself 'pretty'.

That thought alone made Kenma upset for many reasons.
Instead he pulled out his phone and remembered the paper you gave him with your username for a game he was playing.
He searched for the paper that was jammed into his bag and clicked open the app, clicking on 'Add a Friend' and typing in your username.

Your phone dinged in your bag that was beside you, panicking that you left the ringer on, you pulled yourself out of your thoughts and grabbed your phone, shutting off the ringer but not before you noticed a notification from a game you had.
Opening the app you noticed someone from the user: ApplePi added you as a friend.

You furrowed your brows as you didn't know who this was.
You suddenly felt a tap on your arm and looked over to Kenma who had a slight pink tint on his cheeks.

"Uh..Um..I added you.."

You felt a smile wash across your cheeks.
"ApplePi?"

He nodded.

"Cool! Now we can play against each other! Or team up for an online battle."

Kenma averted his eyes back to his phone only giving you a hum in response.
You smiled as your turned back to your notebook, finally noticing the dark circle you were drawing and realized that it leaked to the other page behind it. Sighing in defeat you looked up to the teacher who just walked in.

****

Lunch had rolled around and you weren't really that excited to be spending it with Emiko or Renjiro. You felt drained and decided to stay seated, pulling out your bento box.

"Oi Kenma!" 

Your head shot towards the door and saw Kuroo standing there, Kenma got up from his seat and walked over to him.

"Hello Kuroo-san." You softly greeted with a smile and a wave.

"Hey L/n, you eating in here today?"

You nodded, still holding your smile.

"My sister joining you?"

"Uh..I don't think so..I mean I kinda stayed here so I wouldn't have to..."

Kuroo smiled and looked Kenma with a smirk.
"Want some company then? One that wouldn't judge you for your tired eyes?"

Your smiled dropped as you heard what Kuroo said.
"You heard that this morning huh?"

"Nice job Kuroo..." Kenma mumbled to himself.

Kuroo shrugged it off and walked over to your desk, taking the seat in front of you and opening his bento box.
Kenma following suit and taking his usual seat, he decided to play on his phone.

"I'm sorry about my sister." Kuroo finally spoke, taking a bite of his rice.

"It's okay, she's Emiko right? I've learned to not take what she says or does seriously anymore.."

"Your eyes says different." Kenma spoke up, startling you a bit.
You turned your head to him.

"You're not eating Kozume?"

He shook his head. "I don't feel hungry."

"You should eat at least something small..." You said to him a soft calming voice.

Kenma continued to play his game, not saying another word to you.

You looked to Kuroo to which he shook his head.
"I have to agree with L/n here, you need to eat something."

Kenma sighed. "I said I'm not-" he stopped and looked up, you were holding out a pair of chopsticks to him.

"We can share mine if you want."  You gave him a smile that made Kenma's heart waver.

Kuroo was watching with a smile at the interaction. He was surprised when Kenma took the chopsticks and grabbed a piece of pork from your lunch, eating it slowly.

You smiled and continued to eat yourself, not noticing the look Kuroo was giving Kenma.

As lunch went as fast as it came, Kuroo was cleaning up the desk he ate at and was getting ready to leave.
"Be honest l/n..are you okay?"

His words hit you like a truck.
No one really asked in such a soft and genuine way. Not once had Renjiro or Emiko asked if you were okay out of care.

"Um.. Yes I am." You spoke. Although you were lying a bit, in this moment right now, you were okay.

Kuroo nodded. "Let me know if Emiko says something stupid again..."

You nodded. "Thank you Kuroo-san.."

He smiled and ruffled your hair a bit, making you push his hand away and fix your hair quickly.

"See ya after school Kenma!" He said as he waved the two of you goodbye.

You watched Kuroo walk out the door, being thankful for his kindness and wishing his sister was more like him.

You decided to look at your phone and noticed no missed calls or undead messages.

"They didn't even come to see if I was coming for lunch or not.."You said softly to yourself, but Kenma heard you,and those words felt like daggers in his heart.

To him, you didn't deserve people like Emiko or Renjiro.. But he wished he was brave enough to speak up to you about it.