Deadlines and Apologies

It's been a week since you and Kenma had finally gotten together, and needless to say, you haven't been more happier.

As of right now, you were in his office, going over some of the character designs and trying to finalize the overall look of each one.

You hoped to get the final draft of them done by the end of the month.

"I think she needs shorter hair."

"Why so?"

"I think it'd suit her character more." Kenma said as he looked through all the thumbnails you made for the main character.

"Okay, short hair it is." You smiled as you pulled out your tablet to make a note and get started.

"I think this game is progressing pretty good, don't you think?" Kenma asked.

Your eyes didn't leave your tablet.
"Yeah, I think so.. But I'm feeling the pressure now..."

Kenma gave you a soft smile. "You'll be fine, the characters look amazing so far, I have no doubt that you'll get these done by the end of the month."

"Thanks Kenma.."

"By the way, what are your plans after work?"

You looked up and met his hazle eyes.
"Um.. Nothing why?"

"Come over, we can make dinner and watch a movie of you want."

You smiled.
You knew Kenma wasn't one for going out, but you still enjoyed his company every chance you got.
You still considered staying in a date.
No matter what anyone says.

And personally, you don't mind staying in at all.

"Okay, but can we stop at the store first?"

"For what?" He raised an eyebrow.

You smirked. "Wanna help me bake an apple pie?"

His eyes lit up, but he played it off.
"Y-yes.."

You tried to hold back a laugh, instead you let out a chuckle.
"It's a date then."

"Oh speaking of which...Your birthday is coming up.."

You sighed.
"Can we just stay in for the night too? I don't really feel like having a birthday dinner and all..."

Kenma shook his head.
"I'm fine with that, but you'd be letting Kuroo down, just saying."

You pursed your lips.
"Is he already planning?"

Kenma nodded.

"That Kuroo.. I tell ya.."

Kenma stood up from his seat and walked over to you, pulling your face to meet his.
He smirked before leaning down and connecting your lips with his.

You could feel the smile on his face during the long kiss.
You tilted your head, deepening the kiss into something more passionate, but Kenma quickly pulled away as he heard a knock at the door.

"Sorry.." He grumbled as he went to see who it was.
"Can I help you Fuji-San?"

Your heart skipped a beat at your co-workers name.
You haven't been back in that office since that one meeting when the rumors started to spread.

But now, it was out that you and Kenma were together and needless to say.. People had made bets and you couldn't even go to the cafeteria alone, without someone staring at you in disgust.

It hurt to know that you didn't feel welcomed in your own workplace, but Kenma has done his best to get rid of those rumors.
He even told everyone on his YouTube channel about you two, making it really official.

But people will stare and make side comments, so you just need to smile through it and just do what you came to this place to do.. Work.

"I see..." You heard Kenma say.
"I'll send down Y/n.."

Your eyes widened. You were not excited to go back to that office for whatever reason.

Kenma turned to you with a shy look. "Y/n, you're needed."

You nodded your head as you packed up your work stuff and left with Fuji back to your old office.

The way there was filed with silence and it wasn't comfortable at all. The whole idea of being asked to return made you feel uneasy.
But once you got there you were greeted by a smiling Taka.

"What did you guys need?" You finally asked as you took a seat.

"First of all...I want to apologize for the rumours about you and Kozume-say..It was inappropriate and it was purely out of jealousy..looking at your art now, I can see that you really are talented and do deserve such a cool and hard position...And the fact that you and Kozume have history to begin with..."

You eyed Fuji as he spoke, confused at the sudden apology.

"We-erm..we saw Kozume-san's last stream with him telling everyone about you guys...So I am also sorry L/n-chan.."

You gave them both a smile of gratitude. "Thank you, to both of you..but I see where you guys were coming from..."

Fuji cleared his throat. "With that said, we're having trouble with the battle colours..We compared your characters, but we just can't figure out what looks so..'off'.."

You let out an understanding sigh and took a look at his computer.
You noticed what he was talking about and it took you a minute to figure it out for yourself.

"We knew you'd be the best to ask because..well..you seem to know more about video games than us and we wanted is game to be different from the others.."

"Use complementary colours..make a balance between them, oh and be mindful to the light source..see here, it's in the upper left when in the next frame it's off by an inch.." You said, completely forgetting about what Taka just said.
You felt happy that the two came to you and asked you for advice, you were also grateful that they apologized to you, and they meant it.
You were so done with stupid immature 'high school' drama. It felt nice to have them deal with it like adults..something you haven't experienced in a while.

"That actually makes sense..that's a good catch.." Fuji complimented.

You stood up straight and smiled in triumph.

"Um..L/n-chan..do you think it's okay if you work here for the rest of the day? Just because if we come to another hiccup, you can be right here to point it out?" Taka asked as she shook her leg while sitting in her usual chair.

You nodded. "I don't see the problem with that..Besides, it'd be nice to get another opinion on the characters.." You offered her a smile to which she smiled back.

"Sounds good!"

The rest of the day had continued with laughs and helping each other out. It felt nice to be apart of the team again. This also helped with the anxiety of the deadline at the end of the month.
With their help, you'll have these characters done in no time!