Introductions

"I don't know why she's with him.."

Kenma had looked up from his phone to see who his friend was talking about.
Low and behold was L/n Y/n. She is a second year at Nekoma high and Kuroo and Kenma have known her for a couple of years.
The two boys have never really talked to her but since you were friends with Kuroo's little sister Emiko, the two knew a little bit of her.

Kenma shook his head and looked back down at his phone. 
"It's kinda sad to see how long she's been with him..but why do you care Kuroo?"

Kuroo chuckled. "Because we grew up with her Kenma, seeing her with that dirtbag still, is a sad sight to see."

Kenma nodded. "Yeah..You're not wrong."

The 'dirtbag' that Kuroo was referring to was Nomura Renjiro. He's currently the captain of the boy's basketball team and has a reputation of being a complete dick. He's always been a player and is always picking on those that don't deserve it.
Him and Kuroo were always butting heads. But now here he was, in another new relationship with you.

You were currently eating your lunch with your friend group and listening to the different conversations.
Renjiro was talking about the tryouts after school while your best friend Emiko was gossiping with two other girls that you didn't know quite well.
It was true, you didn't really feel like you belonged in with this friend group and some days you wished that you could just leave them behind, but Emiko and you have been friends since middle school and you didn't want to lose her as a friend.

You weren't really one to initiate a conversation unless you were spoken to first.Many people meeting you would think that you a quiet and reserved person but in fact you just like to be in the shadows.
You didn't like attention much and yet here you were, dating a very popular guy and best friends with a very popular girl.

You took note of the way your friend acts around her new friends and wished that she would turn back like how she used to be.
Growing up, Emiko resembled her older brother Tetsurou, but after starting high school, thing changed really fast.

You had a weird feeling of being watched and turned around to see two familiar cats sitting on a bench. A soft smiled etched onto your face as you watched the two talk with each other. You wished to have a friendship like theirs.

You didn't know Kenma all that well but since you were friends with Emiko, usually you'd go over to her house and Kuroo would have Kenma over.
You both would exchange small words with on another but usually kept it simple and small.

"Helllooo~Earth to Y/n."

You head shot over to your boyfriend who was waving his hand in your face. 
"I'm sorry..I didn't hear you."

Renjiro scoffed. "I said are you coming to practice after school?"

You grew nervous. "Oh um..I can't...mom will be working late so I have to cook dinner for father and I..." You lied.

"That's fine I guess...I mean I won't be playing much anyways, just seeing who is worthy of joining our team!" He smiled to his friend who was also on the team.

You let out a deep breath as his attention was taken away from you again.

The truth was that you had a work at a restaurant after school. Your parents aren't the most wealthiest in the country which always resulted in never going out shopping with your friends or going out for dinner with everyone.
Only Emiko knew how poor your parents were but she didn't know about your job.
It was in the middle of last year when you decided to get a job.
You wanted to help your parents pay for bills which they were very grateful for.
You loved your parents with all your heart and wanted to see them happy.

You decided against telling your friends and boyfriend about your serving job as they were all pretty well off and they'd just make fun of you.
You've seen it first hand. When you go out for dinner with Renjiro, he'd always make a comment about how sad it was to be waitress and how they're never gonna get anywhere in life serving tables.
He also was a very bad tipper.

You have kept this job hidden and made sure it was a place that none of them would eat at so you didn't get caught. You had no reason to tell them now.

****

Lunch had come to and end and Renjiro walked you to class before he set off for the third year floor.
He leaned down for a quick kiss and set off.

You didn't notice but Kenma was already sitting down in the classroom and saw the quick kiss and noticed how sad you looked but also looked how badly you wanted it to end.

When you finally took your seat you looked over next to you to see Kenma glued to his phone that he was hiding under his desk.
You squint your eyes to see what he was playing and smiled when you noticed that you had the same game.

You turned to the teacher who was just walking into the classroom and took out your notebook.

As time went on and lecture after lecture was being taught, you couldn't help but look over to Kenma every so often and smile when he's still on his phone.
The two of you were seated in the very back which is probably why he's getting away with this.

Once it was time to finally start on your worksheet, you tore a small piece of paper from your notebook and wrote down something. You then reached over and placed the paper on Kenma's desk.

He finally looked up from his phone and eyed the paper, he then looked at you from the corner of his eye, to which you smiled.

He reached for the paper and noticed a username was written down on it.

"I play that game too, add me and we can battle."