Lunch Date

"Hey so what about this kind of colour palette?" Taka asked as she showed you and Fuji Her desk top screen.

"I like it..But isn't it a bit too dark? Maybe you should show Kozume-san?"

"I agree actually..It does seem a bit dark but isn't that what's the usual for fighting games like this? I mean when something happens in the storyline that is a bit more intense, the colour palette should be darker for the mood..." You trailed off as the two gave you a look of awe.

"You know a lot about video games huh?" Taka smiled.

You pursed your lips slightly. "I like video games yeah...ad I've now played a handful of them too..."

"So a gamer girl huh? Maybe that's why Kozume-san likes you so much." Fuji winked.

You felt yourself become flustered. "Well actually, Kenma is the one who showed me most of the games I know..."

"Kenma? On first name basis with the boss already? It's only been a week." Fuji teased.

You let out an awkward chuckle. "Me and him go way back to High school...We were good friends.."

"That makes more sense..Honestly totally thought you were hooking up with him." Taka spoke with a relieved tone.

You raised an eyebrow as the tips of your ears started to burn.
clearing your throat, you stood up from your chair. "I'm gonna go to the caf to eat, want anything?"

The two both shook their heads at you, turning back to their work.
You nodded once as your lips turned into a thin line.

You were about to get on the elevator when you felt your phone buzz in your dress pants.

Kenma:) : Come to my office.

You furrowed your eyebrows at the message and wondered what he needed you for.
Instead on clicking on the button to go down, you went up and towards Kenma's office.

You remembered what he said before about not having to knock, but you did anyways, except you walked in right after with a smile.

"Kenma? Is everything okay?"

Kenma's eyes shot up from his phone and he waved.
"Oh yeah..I just wanted to have lunch with you, that's all."

Your eyes widened a bit. "Oh um..I was about to go and get food actuall-"

"I got us food actually. Come sit." He said as he held up a paper bag that contained just some simple (Fav Food).

"O-oh okay..Um thanks for the food Kenma."

He nodded as he motioned you to sit down in front of him.
You did with no hesitation, although you did feel a bit flustered.

"Taka and Fuji were surprised to know we used to be friends back in high school.." You tried to start up a conversation.
If you were being honest, this older Kenma felt more confident to you and it made you feel intimidated.

"Let them think what they want." He said in his usual monotone voice, handing you your portion of the shared food.

"I mean...Taka thought.." Your cheeks started to tint red . "Actually..never mind"

"No..Say what you were about to say." He smirked.

You cleared your throat. "Um..She thought it was weird how close we were and thought I was sleeping around with you.." You voice went quiet near the end of your sentence.

Kenma tried to keep in a laugh, his shoulders moving.

"Okay..See this is why I didn't wanna say it."

Kenma shook his head. "I-I'm sorry. I guess they're just not used to seeing me this friendly with someone."

You nodded slowly. "I guess...So..how is your day so far?"

Kenma finished his bite of his food before speaking. "Alright I guess..Better now that you're here."

You withheld from dropping your mouth. "Kenma...when did you become such a flirt?"

"Guess I've been hanging around Kuroo too long."

"I'd say..Also..did he ever find himself a girl? Or man..I don't judge."

Kenma shook his head. "He's been on dates but nothing too serious..He says that she's waiting for the right person."

You couldn't help but smile. "How noble."

"What about you? I never did ask if you were seeing anyone." Kenma raised an eyebrow.

You adverted your eyes away from him. "Actually..I haven't had a boyfriend since highs school..As lame as it sounds..I've been on dates but.."
They weren't you. Is what you wanted to say.
"Just weren't the one..I don't know.."

"I see..Me too honestly..with my line of work I don't really have time for a girlfriend."

His words made you feel a bit sad.

"Speaking of high school..wanna know something funny?"

"Sure."

Kenma sat up straighter in his seat. "Emiko, Kuroo's sister. Remember her? Yeah her and your ex Renjiro are getting married."

You didn't stop your mouth from falling open this time. "Well shit..."

"Actually they started dating just a month after you left Nekoma..It was messy at first.."

"Messy how?"
As much as you didn't like drama and gossip, you found yourself intrigued.

Kenma chuckled. "Well..word got around about him cheating on you with her..and well everyone kinda shamed them for it, especially the way you got treated..There were many arguments on school grounds but in the end...here we are."

You took the last bite of the food Kenma had bought. "Interesting..Seems like things got interesting when I left...."

"There were also rumours that he was the reason you left the school.."

Your eyes softened. "You seem to remember a lot from high school.."

Kenma shrugged.
"So, any luck on finding a place yet?"

You shook your head. "Not really, there's no units available in my cousins building, so I guess I'm looking for something more close to here..for work reasons.."

"I'll keep my eye out for you."

You smiled. "Thanks Kenma."

He nodded, taking a deep breath. "Y/n? I have to ask..Why did you decide to just lose contact with me five years ago?"

A/N:
I just got home from work, and it was either draw something for fun..or give you guys another chapter..I chose you guys ❤️ I hope you all are having a good day or night!!!