A New Day

Kenma was the first to arrive at his company. He went straight for his office with a coffee in hand.
Last night he was up late filming a video to send to his editor. But he was excited to see you again.
It's been so long since he had spoken to yo that when e saw your application, he couldn't stop smiling.
He would be lying if he said that he gave you the job because it was you, but with you being really good at art as well, made his decision feel less guilty.

"Kuroo I have to go now, I'm at work, and you should be too.." Kenma said in his usual monotone voice.

"Let me know how it goes with L/n..I still can't believe you hired her...you've been trying to fill that spot for months now.."

"Shut up..she's talented.."

"Sure...that's what it is..Or you just wanna see her everyday.."

Kenma stayed silent.

"Oh my god..Kenma..Is that the real reason? So you would see her everyday?"

"No..that would be unprofessional." He lied. "I gotta go now Kuroo, Y/n should be here soon."

"You're and idiot Kenma.."

"Bye." Kenma said, hanging up the phone before Kuroo could say anything else.

But Kuroo was right.
Kenma used this opportunity to have you work for him, just so he could see you everyday. Call him selfish, but he looked a this like fate.
And he wasn't gonna let you go this time.

****

You thanked Iwaizumi for the ride to your new job.
You made your way to the front doors and opened then with full confidence.

You greeted the secretary who nodded to you in response.

You remembered that Kenma's office was on the top level so you knew what button to press in the elevator.

One you arrived you knocked on the door quietly, but maybe a too bit quiet as it took a while for Kenma to answer.
But it was only a couple minutes when he finally answered.
He had a phone glued to his head as he gave you a finger to tell you one minute.

You took this time to look around his office.
The set up kinda reminded you of his room back in high school. Clean, simple and filled with video game things....Only this time..it was games that his company made.

You smiled to yourself as you thought of how far he's come.
You remembered the kid who sat in is seat with his eyes glued on a phone screen.
You remembered slipping him a piece of paper with your username, so you both can battle.

You also took this moment to look out his giant office windows.
You could see all of Tokyo and it impressed you.
the view was nice and you could imagine how beautiful a sunrise or set would be.

"Sorry about that Y/n.."

You turned to Kenma with a smile.
"It's okay. Good morning."

Kenma held back a smile. He missed the sound of your voice.
"Good morning..Oh and you don't have to knock, yo can just come into my office when you like."

You nodded slowly.

Kenma reached for the handle of his office door. "how about a tour?"

"Okay." You smiled as you followed him out the door.

You walked along the hallway where his own office was located first.
He showed you the meeting room which everyone meets in once a week to show what they have been doing in the week.
he then took you down to the fifth floor where all the animators work.
You got to see a sneak peak of the new game they've trying to work on.

After he took you to where you'd be working.
It was on the same floor as the animators but a few doors down.
When he opened the room you both were greeted by two other people.

"Oh morning Mr. Kozume." A girl with short dark hair smiled.

"Good morning Kozume-san." A man with aight brown hair said, his eyes darting to you.
"Is this the new girl?"

"Good morning Fuji-san, Taka-san, and yes this is L/n. She is the new recruitment. I hope you can show her the ropes." Kenma said in a more authoritative way than he spoke to you.

"It's nice to meet you both." You bowed to the two.

The man who learned was Fuji crossed his arms and smirked. "Well it's about time we got someone new, we need all the hands we can get."

Kenma cleared his throat. "Anyways, Let's continue the tour yeah?" He motioned you to walk out the door, to which you waved goodbye to Fuji and Taka.

"Wow..a tour from the CEO himself..I never got that." Taka smiled to her co-worker.

"It's probably because she's hot."

"Fuji!!!"

"And this is the cafeteria." Kenma said as he showed you the last place in the tour.

"Wow this is a big building.."

"If you ever find yourself getting lost, just call me and I'll come find you."

You nodded shyly at what Kenma said.
His very voice still makes you flustered.

"Um..anyways..You better go and get started..I'm sure they have a lot to show you before the meeting on Friday."

You hummed in an understanding tone, following Kenma back to the elevator.

"Oh and if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me okay?"

You smiled. "Noted...wait so since you're my boss now..should I call you Kozume-san?"

Kenma shook his head. 'No need for formalities Y/n, just cause I'm your boss doesn't change the fact that were friends."

Ah friends..so he still thinks of us as friends..that's reassuring...

Kenma had walked you all the way back to the office where you'd be working in. He stopped just outside the door.
"By the way...You look cute today."

Your mouth fell open slightly and your cheeks flushed bright red at his compliment.
"K-Kenma.."

He smiled to you before he turned on his heels towards the elevator, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

The hell? Wait? He can't just do that to me! Are you kidding me! Okay Y/n, breathe...he's just being nice...Just freaking breathe!......

"Oh my god!"