Stress

You fluttered your eyes open only to squeeze them shut again at the bright lights over you.

You wondered where you were, you don't remember what happened.
The last thing you remember is walking back to class with Kenma, after talking to the principle.

You slowly sat yourself up and took a good look around once your eyes adjusted to the light.

"The nurses office?" You asked yourself.

You looked around more and wondered how the hell you got there, or why you were there.

You shuffled off the bed, feeling a pulsing headache trying to break though.
You held your head and walked out of the curtain that was closed shut for you.

Peaking your head through, you noticed Kenma sitting in a waiting chair, his head slumped down and his mouth slightly open.

You walked over to him carefully, not really wanting to wake him up, but from the looks of it, you needed some answers.

"Kenma..."You shook his shoulder slightly.
"Kenma??" You shook him again.

You were about to shake in one more time but his eyes fluttered open.
He lifted his head and met his eyes with yours.

He jolted in his seat a bit, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.
"Sorry.."

"No I'm sorry for scaring you.." You gave him a small smile.

"Are you feeling better?"

You furrowed your brows.
"Why am I here exactly?"

Kenma's face softened. Of course you wouldn't remember.
"You fainted after talking with the principle..I brought you here to rest."

You nodded to his words.
You stood up more straight and looked around the room for a clock.
"What time is it Kenma?"

Kenma pulled out his phone and checked the time.
"School will be over in twenty minutes actually..."

You sighed in relief.
"Oh thank God.."

Kenma eyed you with confusion.
"Is there something wrong?"

You shook your head, giving him a smile to play off your true thoughts.
You were worried that you had been late for your shift at work.
Being late is not tolerated and probably be fired on the spot...

Kenma didn't push you any further, he only stood up from his own seat and stood next to you.
"You still look pale, we should get you something to eat."

You gave him a smile. "Did you wait for me this entire time?"

Kenma grew a bit flustered, he nodded to your question.

Your face softened.
"You didn't have to do that... You should of went back to class..."

Kenma shoved his hands in his pockets.
"I didn't want you to wake up alone..besides.. I was given permission to stay here with you."

You couldn't help but smiled to Kenma. His kindness made your heart feel warm.
But at the same time, you remembered what happened earlier today.

Kenma watched as your smiled faded and your eyes turned dark, he knew this is when you got lost in a deep thought.

Shaking his own head, he tugged on your sleeve and pulled you out of the nurses office.

Taken out of your thoughts, you wondered where Kenma was taking you, he had let go of your sleeve when he noticed you out of your head.

You continued to follow him to a couple of vending machines.
One filled with drinks and the other with small snacks.

You eyed the machines and what they had to offer.
You looked to Kenma.
"What do you want?"

"I'm okay, it's more for you."

You shook your head.
"It's my treat, besides if you don't say what you want, I'll just get you something random and if you don't like it-"

Kenma had shut you up by pointing a juice in the drink vending machine.
You eyed Kenma.

He rolled his eyes and pointed to a snack as well.

You smiled in contentment and took out change from your pocket.
You always carried changed since you were a waitress, you always had some sort of change.

Kenma watched as you pulled out change and bought each him and yourself your drinks and snacks.
Handing him his stuff you smiled.
"Wanna eat outside?"

"Sure." He said quietly.

The two of you walked outside, and decided in the very spot he found you in at lunch, behind the school, under a tree.

You drank your drink happily, feeling much better then you did earlier.

"The nurse asked what caused you to faint.."

"Stress." You said bluntly.

"Huh?"

"Stress.. When I get stressed.. I faint.."

"So this has happened before?"

"Unfortunately, yeah.. But it's been a long time since it happened.. I guess just with everything that happened today..I couldn't handle it anymore."
You mind goes blank when you remember yet again, that you have to go to work and just be stressed there too.
Serving tables, dealing with the dinner rush, dealing with the odd rude customers...the thought made you lose your appetite.

"What's on your mind?" Kenma asked, realizing you did it again and zoned out.
He was curious as to what keeps stealing your thoughts.

You smiled to him.
"Nothing important.."

Kenma sighed.
He wanted to tell her that she can open up to him and tell him, but he also has never talked to her like this much before.
Yes there was yesterday when Kuroo had invited you inside and you all played video games.
But before that, you would only exchange a simple hi or a smile.
He didn't want to push as he wanted this new friendship to bloom.

It's been a long time since he wanted to befriend you, and he's not gonna make a mistake and ruin it.

He cares about you too much to do that.