Unexpected Sleepover

The remainder of your shift had you making sure the table with the volleyball team was good and refilling drinks as well.
You had helped Kami with cleaning up and doing your usual closing chores.

The team had stayed longer than you expected and wished that came a bit earlier because you'll be held back to clean up their table.
Kami offered to say but you declined as she has been here all day compared to you.

But finally the team had started to clear out and you started to take the empty dishes away from the table. Humming a small tune to yourself as you cleaned.

When you were done you had bid goodbye to your boss and the kitchen staff and took your leave out the front door.
When you opened the door you were surprised to see Kuroo and Kenma leaning on the wall.

"D-did you guys wait for me?" You asked softly.

Kuroo's eyes shot towards your way and a sympathetic look washed over his face.
"We knew you would probably get out late and didn't want you going to the train station alone at this hour."

You smiled to them. "You really didn't have to, but thank you..I usually have late shifts like this anyways so it's not that big of a deal..."

Kenma furrowed his brows. "You work like this almost every night?"

You nodded with pursed lips. "Unfortunately.."

Kuroo put a hand on your shoulder. "We better go catch the train, I'm sure this will be the last one of the night."

You hummed in agreement and lead the way to the station.

The walk was mostly in silence and you just couldn't bring yourself to talk, mostly because you've been talking all night and just needed a break.

Thankfully the train was just about to leave when the three of you got there. There was no waiting which made you happy, it means that you'd get home faster than usual.

Taking your seat in the empty cart, you sighed, earning a look from Kuroo and Kenma who sat on either side of you.

"Tired?" Kenma asked.

"Yeah..it's been a long day.."

Kuroo cleared his throat. "Kenma told me about my sister and Renjiro.."

You didn't look over to him, instead you started to twirl your phone in your hands.
"I-I'm sorry I didn't mention it..."

Kuroo shook his head. "I'm sorry for my sister..I know she was a close friend and for her to hurt you like that..I can't imagine how you're feeling..."

You gave Kuroo a small hum in agreement. "The damage is done..I just should of called it off sooner.."

"If I may ask, why didn't you, if you knew what was going on?"

You took in a deep breath, feeling tears start to sting your tired eyes.
"Because I hoped it wasn't true at first..I guess I also hoped that he'd confess and change his ways..but the more I got treated the more depressed I got..and the more I kept noticing the signs..I guess that's when I knew I failed as a girlfriend.."

Both Kenma and Kuroo looked to you in confusion.

"Is that how they made you feel? L/n..This was not your fault..You did nothing wrong to make him cheat..that was on his own accord.."

You shrugged. "I should've known this would happen too..Emiko liked him in the beginning and i took him from her...I was being selfish.."

Kenma shook his head. "You also liked him, that'd not being selfish, It's okay to love someone...You're not in control of who your heart wavers for.."