Sleepless Nights Conversions

Kenma had came back into the room and noticed how you furrowed your brows while staring up at the ceiling.
He looked down to the made futon for him but still fought the awkwardness inside of him.
This was the first time he'd be sleeping at girls house.

He walked over to you tapped your leg that was under the covers.

"Stop overthinking.." He said softly.

You smiled to him. "That's kinda hard to do at this moment.."

"I know..I'm sorry.." He then took a seat on the edge of your bed.

"You should sleep too Kenma.."

He shook his head. "I also have too much on my mind."

You sat up a bit, adjusting your pillows behind you. "Wanna talk about it?"

Kenma pondered for a moment before shaking his head. "I'll be okay...I'll just talk to Kuroo tomorrow."

You purse your lips. "You can talk to me too Kenma, Were friends okay? I like to think that I'm a good listener."

Kenma turned his body to you. "The same goes for you Y/n.."

You hummed to Kenma, staring at his hazel, cat like eyes.
"Kenma?"

"Yeah?"

"I know we just became friends and all and this might seem weird to ask.but can I have a hug?"

Kenma flinched in his spot, his cheeks turning red, but he nodded in agreement.
You smiled and moved the covers off of you and shuffling closer to Kenma.
You wrapped your arms around his neck as you pulled him into the hug.

The whole thing made Kenma nervous but he hugged you back, knowing full well that you needed this kind of comfort.
He made a mental note to not tell Kuroo about this as he would just tease him non stop.

You nuzzled your head into Kenma's neck, taking in his scent of a mix of mint and fresh laundry.
You felt immediate comfort in the hug and didn't realize how much you needed it.
Tears fighting their way back in the corner of your eyes.

Kenma felt your body flinch in his hold which resulted in him hugging you tighter.
It was this moment when he wished he could tell you how he felt towards you. How he wanted to keep you safe from this world and protect you.
He continued to hold you close till you were ready to pull away from him.

The hug lasted longer than you expected it to, both of you sitting on your bed in full embrace. The feeling you felt was the most comfort you felt in a while.

But finally you felt like you overstepped your space, you pulled away from Kenma, giving him a shy smile.
"Sorry..I didn't realize I needed that more than I did.." Your face was bright red.

Kenma looked at your face and took in every detail of your face. 
He raised a hand and brushed away the tears that were falling down your face.

The gesture took you aback as you didn't realize that you were crying at all, you thought that you had successfully held them back, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Kenma's face turned red as you looked at him in the eye, he quickly pulled his arm away from you, cursing himself how he let his guard down like that.

Despite you feeling flustered you still continued to stare at him.
"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable.."

Kenma shook his head. "You didn't..I needed the hug too.."

Your lips formed a thin line. "We should try to sleep now...It's past midnight.."

Kenma nodded as he stood up.
Your body acted faster than you realized, grabbing his hand.
You didn't want the comfort he gave you to end just yet.

"Ken...um..C-can-um-is it okay if you sleep in the bed with me?"

Kenma's eyes widened, his ears now bright red matching his face.

You let go of his hand, shaking your head.
"Gosh..Oh um...I'm sorry, that was overstepping.."

Kenma stayed silent as he nudged you over to the other side of the bed and climbed in beside you.
"You're not overstepping Y/n, now lay down."

You felt your breath get caught in your throat as you did as he asked and got comfortable. You weren't expecting for him to say yes.

"If you can't sleep you can hug my arm okay? I felt you relax in our hug Y/n..I get it and it's okay."

You nodded to him and to his surprise you immediately grabbed his arm and cuddled close to him, your head on the end of his shoulder.
You found comfort, a feeling you haven't felt in so long and you didn't want to fight it. You soon found yourself relaxing as you curled into Kenma more, letting sleep finally take over you.

Kenma watched as your face relaxed and knew you had let sleep come to you.
There was a part of him that was happy that he held this kind of power with you.
But just as much as you found comfort with Kenma, he also felt the same with you.

Kenma let out a soft sigh as he knew that you'd never share the same feeling he had. He knew you saw him as a friend but he really wanted to you see how you should be treated in a relationship. He wanted to be the one to give you the love that you deserved.

He wanted to tell you his feelings because frankly, Kenma has fallen head over heels for you.