Breakup

On your way to school you played through your head just how you would breakup with Renjiro.
There was a part of you that didn't want to hurt him but there was also a part that wanted to expose him.

You hated fights but you had a feeling this breakup would lead to a fight no matter what you say.

You felt anxious to say the least but you had your mind made up.

Maybe if he was more attentive and shown actual love, it'd be harder for you. So you kept the thoughts of all the things he said and did to keep you motivated to break up with him.

You had a restless night, you had yet another late shift at the restaurant but thankfully you did all your homework before going into work, so when you got home you could lay down.

But sleep didn't come easy like you hoped.
Your mind wouldn't shut off no matter what you tried.

Maybe you'd feel more free once you called off your relationship.

Arriving at the school, you avoided Emiko's presence and looked for Renjiro.

You didn't want to wait till lunch or after school to call everything off.
Especially since you had to work right after school again.

You marched for the third year wing and looked for Renjiro.
You found a few of his friends and asked them where he would be.

Finally you had found him.

"Oh hey babe, I was just thinking about you."

"Liar.." You mumbled.

"Sorry? Did I hear you right?"

You nodded.
"You've been ignoring me for days... So when you say you were just thinking about me, I call lies."

Renjiro scrunched up his nose. "What's wrong with you today? You look exhausted..."

"I need to speak with you.. Preferably not here in public..."

Renjiro agreed and followed you outside to the court yard where no one was.
You took a deep breath before speaking.

"Look.. Y/n.. I wanna apologize for how I've been treating you.. I didn't talk to you for those days because I was trying to figure myself out...what Kuroo said.. Really opened my eyes."

No.. Not this.. I can't take this.. Be strong y/n.. He doesn't mean any of this...

"I've said some pretty hurtful things and done even worse.. You were only trying to stick up for your friends that's all and I see that now.. So for that...I'm sorry."

You clenched your fists.

I can't do this... I can't.. He sounds.. Like the old Ren.. But..

"Have you been sleeping with Emiko?" Your question came out of your mouth faster than you realized.

Renjiro looked shocked, but not confused.
"y-y/n.."

"Just... Answer the question....please.."
You clenched your jaw.

"I would never cheat on you Y/n.. N-never."

"Another lie.. She told me.."

"That bitch.." He grumbled under his breath but you heard it.

You looked up and gave him a hurtful look.
"I was lying.. She never said anything.. But I knew by saying that.. It'd make you admit it.."

Renjiro let out a loud sigh. "How did you know?"

"Because I'm not stupid Ren.. I see things.. The change in people's attitude.. I notice everything..."

"How observant.."

You nodded.
"I-I won't be under your control anymore Ren.. I waited and god did I freaking wait... I waited for the old Renjiro to come back to me but he never did.."

"What are you getting at y/n?"

You unclenched your jaw.
"We're done Ren.."

His mouth dropped.
"Y-you're breaking up with me?"

"Yes.."

He rolled his eyes.
"It's because of that Kozume right?"

You shook your head.
"He has been nothing but nice, unlike you."

Renjiro let out a laugh.
"I knew it.. You have been cheating on me with him right?"

You shook your head.

"Right?!" He said with a little more aggression, stepping closer to you.

You took a step back in reflex.
"You're wrong..you're the cheater here Renjiro, and this time I won't let you turn the tables to me... I won't let you make yourself feel better by making me feel bad...I will never do that again!"

Renjiro's face was red with anger.
"Wh**e" He spat out.

You took in a deep breath.
"I wish you and Emiko good luck with your relationship, whether it stays as friends with benefits, or blossoms into something more.."

"You're a bi**h"

"And you're disgusting... I opened my heart to you, and in return, you broke it... Goodbye Renjiro.. Maybe one day in the future, the old you would return..."

"Go have fun with that Kozume of yours!"

You shook your head.
"Even after all you've done.. You still can't take responsibility for your actions huh?"
You then decided that those would be your final words, turning to walk away.

"We're not done here!!!" He yelled and grabbed your wrist.

But you yanked it away quickly.

Shaking your head to him.
"We are done here...were done with everything.. I'm done."
You then turned around again and walked back to the second year wing.

Walking past Kuroo in the process.
He tried to call your name but you just stared blankly forward.

As much as you hated what Renjiro did, you still did love him.
You still let him into your heart..
You were hurting, but you felt free.

Taking a seat in your usual spot, you took out your notebooks and got ready for class to start.

"Y/n?"

Your hear shot over to your name being called, it was Emiko standing in the door way.
She had tears in her eyes.

"Y/n.. I'm so sorry... I-I-i"

You raised a hand to Emiko, giving her a look to know that she had hurt you beyond words.

Not only did you lose your first love today, but you also lost a dear friend who you've grown to know for so many years.
Someone who had changed for the worst and broke your heart more than Renjiro ever did.

Emiko stared at you till she decided it was her time to leave for her class room.

Once you saw her leave, your shoulders relaxed and you let out a sigh.

"You did it didn't you? You broke them off?" Kenma's voice came beside you.

You turned to him, trying to contain your tears.
All you could do was nod to him.

"As much as it hurts, it wouldn't amount to the pain you'd feel if you were to stay with him.."

You gave Kenma a small smile, a genuine smile.

"And don't forget.. You won't be alone y/n.. B-because you have me.."

A/N:
I can't sleep so here's another update!! But it's currently almost 2am... I should really try and sleep..yeah...wish me luck!