The Past Coming to Haunt you

You and Kenma decided to stay in his office for the reminder of the day. You made yourself comfortable in the chair, drawing away on your tablet.
You talked to him about his idea and to get clarification about what the characters should look like, but it also seemed like he was giving you lots of room to add your own ideas.

Once the day was over, Kenma offered to drive you home, since he didn't want to see you take the bus on your own.
You agreed, but before you went home, you stopped at fast food place to get some dinner, grabbing another meal for your cousin as well.

Kenma parked the car by a near by marina and you both watched the sun set on the horizon of the water.
It felt nice to have Kenma back in your life, but the feelings you have been trying to forget, keep growing more and more the more you're with him.

He's your boss Y/n..you can't..

After taking for a bit and laughing together, he took you back to your cousin's place, waving you goodbye with the smile you missed for so many years, the genuine smile of Kozume Kenma.

"I'm home!" You yelled into the apartment.

"Hey!" Iwa waved to you as you walked into the kitchen, he was currently typing away at his laptop at the table.
"How was work?"

"Good..I guess..I got a promotion..kind of.."

He looked up from his computer with a raised eyebrow. "Really? Already?"

"Yep..Kenma made me in charge of designing the characters...every last one.."

Iwa nodded his head with a proud look. "Nice job cuz..wait is that food?"

You chuckled, holding out the paper bag to him. "Yeah, but you might have to heat it up."

Iwaizumi was quick to stand up and grab the bag, going over to warm up the now cold food, you have brought home for him.

"So..Emiko.." You started..As much as you didn't want to talk about it, you knew you had to.

"That actually reminds me..What was with you the other night?"

You rubbed the back of your neck, running you hand through your h/c hair.
"I have a past with her.."

"With Emiko?"

You nodded. "She lied about Tetsurou...he's her brother..Older brother.."

Iwa's mouth dropped a bit.

"And she used to be my best friend in middle school and part of high school..But she did something that made me resent her..and Hajime? She's not single either.."

"Talk to me.."

As the two of you talked, you told him the same story you told Oikawa. Not leaving out a single detail.
You even went about how the relationship with you and Renjiro went, and how she acted in pure jealousy and how you were bullied.
Your cousin didn't say a word as you spilt your past story onto him.

"And..shes currently engaged to Renjiro.."

Iwaizumi held his head in his hands. "Fuck." He cussed to himself.
"How can I be so stupid.."

"You didn't know.."

"Yeah but I could see how uncomfortable you were! And honestly, I thought it was because of Oikawa..man..what a great cousin I am.."

"Stop..it's my fault for not telling you about my past.."

"No I'm sorry..I won't talk to her..I'll even tell her to go away when she comes over soon.."

You felt your heart stop. "You what?"

"Yeah..I invited her to another date..Kinda disgusted with her now.."