Liar

Kenma had helped you take off all the papers that were tapped very tightly, to your desk.

It was Kenma's idea to keep the papers as well as take a picture before dismantling it.

He made a good point that there should be proof presented to the principle when the time came.

You didn't want to believe that Renjiro did this, but who else would?
He said so himself to your face that you were cheating on him.
Which you did not.

It hurt to hear everyone gossip and spread the rumors at lightning speed.

You didn't want to be talked about like this, you didn't understand what you did wrong.
You hated how Renjiro treated you and others, to put it simply you were done.

You never seen other people break up like this before, in movies it'd be over dramatized for the film but in real life? You couldn't wrap your head around things.

Renjiro is acting selfish and it only fueled your anger more.
But what really made you mad, was the power he held against you.
He knew where to punch and make it count.
He knew what would hurt you the most and took the shot.
He knew you wore your heart on your sleeve and took advantage.

You hated that Kenma had been brought into this. All because you stood up for him at lunch that one day.
All because you hated fights so you stopped it.
All because you were kind and wanted to be Kenma's friend.

You had asked for Kenma to leave you alone for the sake of keeping him out of this, but you didn't want to be alone in this.. But another part of you didn't want to be seen with Kenma or Kuroo, as it would only make the rumors seem more true.

But there was also another thought. It was your life and you knew that it's what Renjiro would've wanted. For you to lose their friendship, which means he wins.

You did not want him to have that kind of power over you.
It made you sick to your stomach.

****

Class has started like normal and yet again, you couldn't seem to focus.

It was as if the teacher spoke jibberish that you couldn't understand.
All you could do was take notes that were written down on the board.

It was days like this when you thanked that most of the teachers were visual teachers, not auditory teachers.

Your thoughts were taken by your name being called at the door, as well as Kenma's.

Kenma looked to you, and you gave him a nod.
You knew it was time to tell your side of the story.

****

Kenma's POV.

"What do you mean there's no proof!" I yelled at the principle.

Y/n had given me a look as if to calm down, to which I did.

Right now, Y/n had told her side of the story of what happened, I as well told mine.
To how I found the flyers and how I saw the state of our gym.

I showed him the pictures and Y/n and I told him who we thought it was.
Nomura Renjiro.

The principle had ruled that Renjiro was innocent until proven guilty.

Y/n had mentioned how he acted when they were together and how the breakup ended.
There was the motive for his actions and he had no alibi.. If only the bastard would check the cameras.. Maybe they'd see Renjiro walking to the gym with flyers and paint in hand?
Will they even do that?

"I don't like to believe that our star athlete would ever do something like this."

You're kidding right?

"Sir, if I may.. I believe strongly it is Nomura-San.. He has been nothing but abusive like this." Y/n spoke desperately.

"Is this his hand writing then?"

Y/n eyed the papers..furrowing her brows.
"No sir.. It is not his hand writing.."

My heart sunk as I heard her words.
He was good at covering his tracks..but how long could he keep up this act?
He has to break soon right?

"Miss L/n, have you ever thought that you brought this on yourself? Or that you like the attention?"

I slammed my hand on my legs, pulling my fingers into right fists.

Y/n's face had went pale at the principal's words.
She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out.
A single tear has made it down her face.

"Sir.. Would a girl in any means, like to be bullied like this? To be accused and hear everyone gossip about you? To have your self esteem be taken away? I don't know about you, but I have never met a girl who'd enjoyed getting bullied."

Why am I talking this much? Never in my life have I talked this much?
This is so out of character for me!

The principle sighed.
"There is nothing I can do fill I have proof in my hands and eyes, that Mr Nomura did this. Until then, you may go back to class and just ignore things going on.."

How can you ignore something like this?

Y/n was the first to stand.
She gave him a bow and spoke in a shakey voice.
"Sorry sir, I hope that proof does come... Because I don't like this attention, I don't like being called fowl words..it's not fun sir.."
She then turned on her heels and walked out the door.

I decided to say nothing as I followed her out.
The halls were empty as we walked back to the second year wing.

"He's gonna win.." Y/n said quietly to herself.
"He has this power over me and he knows it.. Like the principle would punish their best sports team captain?"

I couldn't help agree to her words.
"Yeah.. Basketball had always been favored over everything else...it's not fair."

"We just need to keep our held high and just ignore the best we can...not give him anymore power."

"I have to say..you taking the higher road is very strong of you.."

Y/n looked over to me with a smile.
But her face was pale.
I watched as her e/c eyes rolled into the back of her head, and fainted into my arms.