Apologies

The next morning was a blur.
You barely got any sleep last night which resulted in yourself drinking coffee for the first time in your life. You just wanted something to wake you up.

Your parents were already out of the house and off to work by the time you went downstairs.
Your mom had a bento box ready for you in the fridge which made you happy. The last thing you wanted to do was to make a lunch, honestly you would probably just go and buy food at that point.

Arriving at the school you were greeted by Emiko who looked cheerful as ever.

"Good morning~" She cooed.

"Morning Emiko, how was your night?"

"Great! I slept like a baby! You look better today!"

You gave her a fake smile, knowing you had applied a large amount of cover up under your eyes.
"Yeah, I had a better sleep last night."

"Well that's good, you seemed so out of it yesterday I was worried!"

"We all have those kinds of days right?" You gave you a closed eye smile.

"Exsactly! Oh will you be spending lunch with us today? We missed you yesterday!"

Not enough to come find me clearly..

"Yeah for sure! Oh there's Renjiro, I'll see you at lunch okay?"

"Okay!" She waved to you before taking off.

"Hey baby." Renjiro smiled as he pulled you into a hug.
"So I was thinking last night, and I want to apologize for what I said yesterday, I think you're beautiful no matter what and I was just stressed out, my dad has been a real pain lately."

Your heart wavered from his words, a smile etching at the sides of your mouth.
"It's okay! I love you okay? What's going on with your dad?"

He sighed. "Just being a dick like always.."

You reached for his hand. "I'm sorry.."

"Ah it's fine, anyways, you're coming to my practice today yeah?"

"Yes I'll be there! I'm excited to see you in action again!"

He smiled to you. "Thanks babe! I'm excited that you're excited! But for real, I am sorry and you didn't deserve those words. You're beautiful and not a tease okay? Hey also, I thought you could come over, we can cuddle and watch a movie or something?"

You smiled. "Okay that sounds very nice...Well I better get to homeroom now, see you at lunch?"

"You know it!" He leaned down to plant a small kiss on you cheek, making you feel flustered.

You both bid goodbyes and set off for your classes.

Walking into the classroom you held your head high but once in your seat, you let it go and stare off into space.
Your brain felt like it had shut down.

Many things were running through your head.
You were extremely tired and wondered if you'd make it through the day.
Renjiro apologized to you and for a quick moment, you witnessed the old Renjiro that you fell in love with.

Kenma was already seated next to you, he watched as you walking in with all smiles, but once out of line of sight you let your face fall and you looked like you got lost in thought, completely shutting down for a moment.

He didn't know what to do or say.
But he knew one thing.
He hated how you faked your emotions to others.
Always smiling when you're clearly hurting in some sort of way?

He hesitated but decided on tapping your arm anyways.

You shot a look to him, quickly giving him a smile.
"Oh good morning Kozume, how was your night?"

"Uh.. It was okay.. Um want to battle before class starts?"

You took a second before realizing what he meant.
"Sure! But I'm a bit rusty as I haven't placed in a few days so go easy on me okay?"

Kenma nodded, pulling out his phone as you did the same.

You joined Kenma's request for a battle when his eyes widened.
Your stats were above the normal and your character was maxed out for their upgrades, making it a hard opponent to beat.
Kenma smiled on the inside to himself as he found it amusing that a girl like you was so good at this game, not to mention the amount of hours you must of put into it to make your character that good.
For once, Kenma thought he might lose this game.

You both played for the twenty minutes it took for the teacher to arrive to class.
Glancing up, you quickly turned off your phone and placed it into your bag.

Kenma on the other hand, didn't.
He hadn't realized the teacher yet and kept playing.
Your eyes widened as the teacher looked over to Kenma.

Panicking you grabbed Kenma's phone and shoved it into your skirt pocket

Kenma noticed it and furrowed his brows together but once he noticed the teacher, he was mentally thanking you.

****
Lunch had rolled around and you took off towards Emiko's class right next door.
Meeting her to go for lunch.

She gave you a smile when she saw you.
"Ready to go? Oh and I have a new friend joining us!"

"You are good at making new friends there Emiko.." You smiled.

"Well you would be too if you weren't so anxious.." She teased, nudging your arm playfully.

"Yaya.." You joked with her.

On your way to the cafeteria where Renjiro had texted you to meet him, he was sitting at the table with his basketball buddies, yelling and being obnoxious.
The whole scene made you cringe.

You said your hello to the new friend Emiko was talking about. Turns out, she's dating the vice captain of the team so you weren't surprised when her and Emiko radiated the same energy.

You were silently listening in on the conversations around you when you felt a tap on your shoulder.

Turning around you saw Kenma.

"Oh hi Kozume? Something you need?"

Renjiro wiped his head around to see who you were talking to.
"Hey aren't you like the setter for the volleyball team? Kozume you said?"

Kenma nodded to him but then looked back at you.
"My phone.. You still have it."

Your eyes widened when you realized. You reached into your pocket and pulled out a phone, handing it to Kenma with a smile.
"Sorry about that! I completely forgot.."

"Wait why do you have another guys phone?" Renjiro asked, his eyes staring through Kenma.

"Um..the teacher was about to catch him on it.. So I snatched it before they could.." You said sheepishly, hoping that this wouldn't cause a fight.

"Awe you're too nice l/N!" One of the guys chimed.

Renjiro clicked his tongue at Kenma before turning back to his lunch.

You gave Kenma an apologetic look as he nodded to you and walked away, not saying another word.

"Kozume Kenma...I don't like him.. He's too quiet.. I don't know how my brother deals with that." Emiko said as she twirled her fingers in her hair.

"I think he's nice..just cause he's quiet isn't a good reason to not like him Emiko..." You spoke softly.

"Why are you standing up for that volleyball nerd?" Renjiro shot at you.

Here we go...

"I-I didn't mean it like that Ren..it's just not nice to judge someone.. Like ever..."

Renjiro scrunched up his nose and stood up from his seat.

"Where you going Renjiro?" Emiko asked.

"Going to find this Kozume."

"Wait what!" You shot up from your seat.