Interview

The night resulted in going out for drinks with your cousin and Oikawa.
You didn't drink as much as Oikawa had and Iwaizumi wasn't a big drinker to begin with, so the two of you were in charge of taking care of the idiot.

You enjoyed the night as it's been a while since you took the time to just let loose with friends.
But this morning, you were unpacking some clothes, looking for an appropriate uniform for your interview.

You have done some research on the company and from what you've seen, they were doing really good. And the rating of the games they produce are top quality.
You just hoped that your art will be good enough for them.

"Hey Y/n? You want pancakes?" You heard your cousin's voice chime down the hallway of his apartment.

"Yeah sure! Oh hey Iwa? How much do you pay for rent?"

"I don't want rent money from you Y/n!"

You rolled your eyes. "Do you know if there's any available rentals in here? It's a nice apartment building and nice location!"

"I think so, I can look into it for you! Now stop yelling and come eat stupid!"

You laughed to yourself as you walked out of your room. You were greeted with a fresh cup of coffee and a plate of pancakes.
"I have to say, I taught you well." You smiled, taking a bite of your breakfast.

Iwaizumi shook his head, "Yeah yeah, eat up so we can hit the road. Where is this place again?"

"The main office is downtown Tokyo actually."

"Ah so were not that far."

You nodded while taking a sip of your coffee. "What made you move to Tokyo anyways? Didn't like the country life?"

He smiled. "Wanted a change of scenery, and it's closer to my team."

"Ah yes. Good ole volleyball. I'm glad to see you're still playing honestly."

"And I'm happy that you decided to actually come back, I was worried that America had you hooked and you'd be staying there."

You shook your head. "I couldn't do that..This is my home..and I got home sick the last year I was there.."

"Understandable, tell ya what, after your interview we'll hit the mall to get you a new plan for your phone."

You nodded. "Sounds good to me!"

****

Bouncing Ball Corporation.
On the front of the building stood big white letters.

Your mouth dropped as the images online made the place seem smaller.

"Damn..Hey I wish you luck okay?"

You smiled to your cousin before walking into the tall building.
You clenched your portfolio tight in your hands as you walked up to a secretary, you waited patiently for her to stop talking on the phone.

"How may I help you?" She smiled.

"I'm here for an interview about an game design artist."

"Name?"

"L/n Y/n."

"Perfect, follow me, I'll take you to the CEO of the company."

You nodded to her as you followed beside her to an elevator.
She pressed the button for the very top of the building and you grew nervous as you went higher and higher.

"Oh and I have to warn you, He's quiet. So if you try and joke, he'll dismiss it. So just be aware."

Man who is this guy?

The secretary smiled to you before she knocked on the door.
You were too busy looking down at your hands, making sure you had everything. You didn't even realize the name on the door.

The lady motioned you to walk inside and you thanked her quietly.

You took a deep breath before looking up from the floor.

"Hey Y/n."

Your mouth fell open and you almost dropped your portfolio at the familiar voice of someone you never forgotten. Someone who made your heart waver back in your second year of high school.
Someone who you missed dearly.
Kozume Kenma.

"K-Ken-Kenma?"

He smiled as he nodded his head slowly.
He raised from his desk and walked over to you.
You were expecting he was going to hug you but instead he reached for the portfolio, grazing your hand on purpose.

The sudden touch made you flinch.
You but you tried to keep composure.

"I was told there was someone who was interested in the opening for a game designer..and when your name came up on my screen. I was shocked to say the least, but not surprised." He said as he took your portfolio back to his desk, ushering you to take a seat at one of the chairs in front of his desk.
"I gotta say Y/n...I never knew you could draw like this.." He said flipping through the loose pages.

"I kinda learned it not too long ago..about a year after I left Tokyo.."

He raised an eyebrow. "On you resume, it said that you took a two year program in America?"

You nodded. "Um..yeah..I was offered in my second year on university.."

"Impressive. And these are your own concepts?"

"Yes, they're a mix of past projects in university and my own take on things..."

"I think them..I like them a a lot..especially these three characters." He smiled, showing you a fully rendered picture of there people. Two men and one woman. They looked oddly similar to Kuroo, Kenma and yourself.

You reverted your eyes done to your hands, pinching the loose skin of your knuckles.

"Y/n? You don't need to be nervous..I'm sorry if I'm being too professional here..but you look good by the way."

Your cheeks flushed at his words.
"It's been a while hasn't it?"

Kenma nodded slowly. "What are you doing later?"

"Um..well after I leave here, I'm going to get a new phone.."

"Let me rephrase, what are you doing tonight at six?"

"Um..I don't know..Probably nothing in particular..why?"

Kenma crossed his arms and leaned on his desk.
"Have dinner with me? Also you don't mind if I bring someone do you?"

"Kuroo?"

Kenma nodded. "If that's okay..I just thought the three of us should catch up..since it's been awhile yeah?"

"O-Oh okay.."

"Also." Kenma smiled. "You're hired. I'll see you tomorrow morning for eight. Just come right to my office and I'll give you a tour and such..Oh..and It's good to see you Y/n."