Mom?

You were grateful that Oikawa was gone before you managed to get your butt out of bed.
You decided to sleep in on this Sunday morning, and felt the best. You haven't felt this great for a very long time.

Like expected your mother didn't answer her phone so you resorted to calling your uncle, which was also Iwaizumi's father.
He would get your mother to clear her schedule for you.

It was like music to your ears when your uncle said that she will be free this afternoon for coffee, to which you took with a smile.
You'll take what you can get.

You noticed it was still morning and decided to go to your father's restaurant before he opened soon, maybe you could speak to him and see how he's doing.

Since your parents divorce, it's been awards talking about them to each other, even Iwaizumi.
Iwa also took a hit when they separated, as his aunt was heart broken, but also his uncle, (By marriage) was someone who he looked up to.
But thankfully, the two still kept in contact when after the divorce.

****

Arriving to your dad's restaurant, you smiled as you saw him park his car. He still drove the same beat up car like he did five years ago.
But it made you smile.

"Y/n? Well look at what we have here, how have you been hun?" Your father smiled as he marched over to you and pulled you into a hug.
"I remember you saying about a new job, how did the interview go?"

"Went good actually! I got the job." You smiled as you pulled away from him.
"Also guess what?"

"From your face, I can tell it's good news.." He smirked.

You nodded. "You..uh..Remember Kozume Kenma? From Nekoma?"

Your dad took a moment to think. "Ah yeah I remember him, he had the dyed hair yes? One of your friends?"

"Well...W-we're together now.."

Your father's mouth dropped. "Like together? Together?"

You nodded.

Your father let out a loud laugh. "It's about time! Y/n!"

"F-father!"

Your father shook his head as he pulled you into one more hug.
"But for real, from the smile on your face, I'm happy for you. I haven't seen this smile in years.."

You pulled away, giving him a loving look.
He put a hand onto your shoulder. "Look, I appreciate the sudden appearance, but I need to get to work..there's still a lot of prep work to do before we open, but hey, if you decide to bring Kozume-san here, I'll treat ya's to a free dinner." He winked.

You shook your head with a laugh. "Okay dad, take care okay?"

"I will, you too, and keep me updated on your job! I don't play video games but..I will if you're the one helping making it."

"Sounds good. Have a good day at work dad."

"Bye pumpkin." He smiled before leaving you outside the restaurant on your own.

You appreciated your father in so many ways. To you, he was someone you could look up to.
He dug himself out of debt and then decided to follow his dream. Not to mention he over came a heartache and still manages to smile.

****

When you arrived to the coffee shop your mom decided on, you were surprised that she was already there, but not that surprised that she was glued to her laptop.

You walked in and went straight for her table, pushing down her screen, but just enough so it wouldn't shut down and your mom loosing all of her work.
"Hi mom."

Your mom took off her glasses as she stared at you in bewilderment.
"Y/n..Is that you honey? Y-You..You grew up on me huh?"

You gave your mom a smile as you opened your arms to her, to which she stood up and embraced you tightly.
"I missed you honey..I was so scared with you being in America..but I'm glad you're home!"
She pulled away from you as she wiped a tear from her cheek.
"Coffee? My treat?"

"How about a green tea?" You countered.

The afternoon consisted of you and your mom catching up on things. You told her all about America and the nw job you started here in Japan.
She also apologized for not being very available, as she's nearing her last year of teachers college.
Her plate was just as full as yours.

She asked about Iwaizumi, as it's been a while since she's seen her nephew.
You told her now he was still striving with volleyball and how he was letting you crash at his place till you found something else.

"Wow...In charge of the character designs..all on your own too?" Your mom's mouth was wide open.

"Well, Kenma will be helping but, I will be the one drawing and such..but yeah..it's a pretty big deal..I'm excited."

"Awe no doubt, you've worked so hard for this..I'm glad to see you happy. But I have to ask..Kozume.."

"Yes?"

"If I remember correctly, you had a tiny little crush on that boy back in high school.."

"I mean..I don't remember actually saying those words to you.." You teased.

"Doesn't matter." She waved her hand. "Tell me..is it weird with him being your boss now?"

You smirked. "No..Actually wit him being my boss we were able to rekindle our friendship..and well.." You tried to hide your flushed face but it didn't work, your mom smirked as she waited for you to continue.
"We're dating now.."

Your mom clapped her hands over her mouth. "Really!" She sounded excited.

You nodded to which she let out a girly squeal, which threw you back a bit.

"I'm so happy to hear that! You've been in love with that boy since the day we left.Ugh! I'm so happy to hear that you two finally got together!"

"Mom, you sound like a fan girl..."

She shrugged. "What can I say, I'm happy for my daughter."

"Thanks mom.."

"I have to be honest..I was scared that I wouldn't see you happy like this..with all that you've been through in your life..I'm surprised that you can even keep a smile on your face...But you've grown so much y/n, and I couldn't be more proud to have you as my daughter." Your mother smiled.

You tried to hold back tears as she spoke.
"What's got you all emotional mom?" You teased.

She shrugged once again. "I'm just happy, that's all."