Reunions And The Past

It's been a long few hours since you went for your interview. Your mind raced with thoughts. So many thing were happening that you didn't know how to process anything.
Well for one. You got the job! You will be actually working with a real company to help design video games! Also..Kenma freaking Kozume was going to be your boss.

The look of him..he's changed since the last time you saw him.the blonde in is hair has almost grown  all the way out, and its longer now. He kept it into a small lazy half pony tail, but still kept the bangs out.

You have only been home for little over twenty four hours and find out all of this...And now, you're going out for dinner with him and Kuroo.

If you were being honest..You were nervous beyond words. It's been years since you said on word to the two.
What will they think of you? Are they still mad about how you said goodbye?
Will it be awkward? Or will this just be like old times?

"Oi! Stop living in your head Y/n. It's going to be fine.."

"What's going to be fine?" Oikawa asked, looking up from his phone.

"Y/n's meeting up with two of her old friends from high school."

"Old friends? Wait you had friends other than me and Iwa-chan?"
Iwaizumi smacked his friend across the head.

"Oi! Shut the hell up."

You smiled at the two.
"I better get going..."

"You sure you don't want a ride?" Your cousin asked.

"Maybe one for the way home..I don't know how long I'll be.."

"Text me when you need me and I'll be right over to pick you up okay? Oh and have fun!"

"Iwa-chan, why can't you be this nice to me?" Oikawa pouted.

Iwaizumi smacked his friend once again. "Because you're not family loserKawa!"

You shook your had at the two. "See ya guys later!"

"Bye L/n-channnn Don't think about me too much!"

"I promise you I won't!" You yelled back as you walked out of your cousin's apartment.

You left for the bus stop and waited for the nearest bus to arrive.
You took this chance to play around on your tablet, drawing up random designs to pass the bus ride.

Once you arrived to the restaurant that Kenma told you before you left his office.
You noticed two familiar cats waiting outside.

As you got closer you gained Kuroo's attention.
"L/n? Is that you?" He smiled.

You smiled back. "Hello Kuroo, you look well."

He laughed as he walked over to give you a hug.
You were engulfed in an musty amber cologne.

Kuroo pulled away from the hug and lead you inside where Kenma had already snuck off into, getting the table he reserved for the three of you.

"So tell me, what have you been up to these past years?" Kuroo asked as he took a seat across from you and beside Kenma.

You cleared your throat. "Well..I lived in America for two years..Just finished my four year program at University..um..I'm now working for Kenma at his company as a game design artist...I actually just came home yesterday.."

"Sounds like you've been busy, hows your mom and dad?"

"Oh they're good..um hey got a divorce four years go though.."

Kenma and Kuroo both gave you a shocked yet empathetic look.

"I'm sorry to hear that...I'm sure that was hard for you."

You nodded to Kuroo. "It's what got me into art. I used it as a way of escaping kind of.."

"You look happier though." Kenma added in.

Your cheeks flushed at his words a bit, but you nodded slowly.
"So how have you two been?"

"I'm working for a volleyball association, in the sports division." Kuroo chimed.

"That's good to hear! But you're not playing anymore?"

"Only randomly with a friend who's on the MSBY team, but not professionally no."

"Well at least you're still involved some how right? That's good."

"Kenma here is a busy man though. Being CEO of a company and a full time YouTuber."

"Ah yes..I know."

They both raised an eyebrow at you.

You sighed. "I found his channel back a year ago..I've watched every video and stream..."

It was Kenma's turn for his face to become beat red.

"Glad to see you have missed us." Kuroo joked. "Oh by the way, where are you staying? Have you already found a new place?" Kuroo asked.

"Oh well..I'm looking for a new place but right now I'm staying at my cousins."

"Cousin?"

"Yeah, we became closer when I moved to Miyagi..you might know him, he's Iwaizumi Hajime."

"Ah yeah, I heard of him." Kuroo nodded.

"I remember shoyo saying that he was good at volleyball in high school." Kenma added.

"Shoyo?" You raised an eyebrow.

"An old member of Karasuno, but now he also plays with MSBY." Kuroo answered.

"Ahh I see."

The rest of the night resulted in each of the two men catching up with you. Telling you how their lives went after you moved and you told them all about America.
It was a nice night, filled with drinks, food and friendly conversation.

But if there was one thing that you noticed at this dinner.
It was that you still indeed had feelings for Kozume Kenma.