S2 Part 31 - Point of No Return

AN: if you find any typos sorry! This chapter was sooo long 😅

You sat in a chair across from Shinso. He continued to stand there in agony while you watched. Your hands were tied behind you, but he no longer froze the rest of you with his quirk.

Stefano could stop people in time, but it seemed to have something to do with his right eye. A similar function to Aizawa's quirk. You racked your brain for a solution - a plan to save Shinso and escape with your lives.

You'd be lying if you weren't feeling hopeless right now.

"Anger isn't the look I'm going for," Stefan frowned. He lifted your chin with the butt of his knife, "That stubbornness will fade."

"What did you do to me," you snapped, "Why is my quirk gone?"

He grinned, "It's simply a precaution. A sedative."

"A drug did this?"

"Ingenious, is it not? My new friend is quite talented. Young and inventive."

You deepened your glare, "You wanted me. Right? Here I am. So, let Shinso go."

"Go?" Stefano scoffed. He took a circle around your chair thoughtfully, "I've already been asked to keep you alive, for now. Could I really give up on another piece? When it's so close to finished?"

"You aren't going to make me into one of your hideous displays?" You asked.

He got deathly quiet, and then muttered something about critics, "My plan was to make a beautiful display with The Butcher's own blood. For a while, you were my muse. Unprofessionally, my obsession. Such a rich, destructive destiny in such an innocent little package."

Stefano paused, "This boy actually came for me. Imagine."

"Why would he..."

"He was after the press - to clear your name, I suspect. That quirk of his could have stopped me too if it had been working properly," he chuckled and pulled a tiny red item shaped like a bullet or tranquilizer, "In his defense, he had no idea I was looking for him too."

Oh, Shinso... you didn't.

You tried to meet Shinso's eye but he didn't look up.

"I thought you and Shigaraki went your separate ways," you said.

Stefano nodded, "Yes, his ideas suited me in the beginning. But his vision only went so far. It didn't excite me quite like the ideas of the young Yakuza leader. I guess you have him to thank for living another day..."

"Although, I could have made you a goddess," his eyes seemed to glaze over.

"The Yakuza..?" you scrambled to keep the conversation going, wanting to distract him for as long as possible, "What's with all the passing around?"

"A man like him is busy, I imagine. But don't worry, he'll come. Which reminds me..."

He faced Shinso, "We must hurry so I have time to sanitize you again. He won't take kindly to filth."

"No!" You tugged at your restraints.

Stefano adjusted the tripods all while humming as you continued to scream profanities at him.

"I will kill you," you cursed, "Let him go or your fate is sealed with me."

"You're still too angry, child," he shook his head, "This is a lover's death. I need mourning and terror!"

"I'll give you nothing!"

Stefano stood straight, looking annoyed. He stormed over to you and grabbed a handful of your hair. Your head was tilted all the way back so you were forced to look up at the lights and the dark outline of Stefano's face.