Part 2 - Friends With Benefits

Your back pressed up against the cold, metal lockers and the boy's hands traveled through your hair, down your neck, and around your waist. He was more aggressive this time around and you wondered if he was just eager or if he had started working out.

His arms definitely feel bigger, you thought.

His lips moved roughly but felt soft against yours. You let your hands feel his wild, purple hair and pulled him closer as your lips danced. It was strange - the part of you that hated your quirk was always embarrassed at the thought of making out with your friend. The other side of you, the part that needed to devour energy, felt totally and completely natural.

It was like taking a big leap. Sick with nerves just before, but as soon as you were across, everything was good. Better than good. You couldn't quite describe the sensation of satisfying your internal battery. Kissing was pleasurable enough, but what you took away from it was like sparks through your veins. Your senses heightened. Your strength increased. It was a very addicting drug.

Shinso wasn't a bad kisser either.

"You're glowing," he chuckled.

You smiled, slightly out of breath. You looked down at your forearms and sure enough, your skin radiated a slight pink color making you almost transparent. Your veins were more noticeable now, like glowing white spiderwebs in your body. 

You two were alone in the halls, taking a "bathroom" break. He cupped your chin to steal your lips again, but you pulled away, "Are you sure? Last time you literally fell asleep from 2nd to 5th period..."

"That's nothing new," he winked, "I'm good for a while."

His mouth moved across your jawline and he began kissing your neck. You squirmed a bit, surprised by his boldness, but he held you safely in his arms. You weren't going to let him continue for too long, but you had to admit, it felt nice.

The nice but also scary part about sucking the energy out of people (if that wasn't freaky enough) is you had some control of how effective it was. It was possible for you to really harm someone - close to death if you wanted. Luckily, restraint was the one thing Midnight helped you conquer in your very early years.

How did your "partnership" with Shinso begin exactly?

***

It was months back during the pre-entry exams. They were working you like dogs, and since you hadn't so much as hugged someone that day, your powers were near to nothing. Not to mention it was overcast, so any solar energy you could sap was useless. You were not looking exceptional or impressive. You could've been quirkless and the judges wouldn't have known any different.

It was during a dark time for you too, mentally. You couldn't understand how your quirk could make you a "good" hero. You hurt people to make yourself stronger. That's what you grew up believing.

Shinso found you, hiding by the water fountains, crying your eyes out. He seemed passive at first, and to be honest, you were nervous to talk with him. You knew about his quirk and how he could use mind control.

That was when the two of you realized, you were fighting the same fight. Two people with villainous quirks trying to be heroes.

"What do you need?" he asked you.

"Oh... n-no, it's weird. It's too weird!" you couldn't look him in the eye. It was then that your mind went blank. Shit! He used his quirk, didn't he?!

"Sorry," he said, "We can't have you going back to the exams like this. Now, tell me what you need. Please..."

Quickly after, you were released from his spell, and the words fell out of your mouth, "... I, um, need to touch you?"

To your surprise, he didn't look horrified. Or at least, he wasn't showing it. His cheeks had a slight pink tint to them, but his drowsy eyes continued to gaze at you curiously. He took your hand in his, no further questions asked. Why is he bothering? What does he have to gain by helping me?

Your heart was pounding like crazy. You both noticed your palm vibrating with the tiny amount of power you were receiving from him.

"Hmm," he said thoughtfully, "We have less than a minute. Take what you need."

Now it was your time to blush. Ugh, why is he so direct and nonchalant about this...

But feeling his hand awoke the hungry beast. You were so depleted, like a starving kitten or a withering plant. You needed him. You wanted power. And as if you were being brainwashed a second time, you closed the space between you and Shinso.

And shared your guys' first kiss.

***

It was thanks to him that you made it through the exams. He went into the department of general studies while you skyrocketed to class 1-A. He had some hangups about the rest of your class, begrudging feelings mainly towards the powerhouses, like Bakugo. (But who didn't have a problem with that idiot?)

You made it your goal now to help him whenever you could. You wanted to see him succeed as well. As a hero.

"Shinso," you breathed, trying to pry yourself away. Apparently, that made him more excited, the opposite effect you were going for, "Wait, you're giving too much."

"That's my call," he muttered, his hot breath tickling your skin, "And I'm not the one going out in the field today. I'm going to be a lazy ass at my desk. You may as well put my energy to good use."

Your eyes rolled back as he sucked on a tender spot next to your collar bone. GODS, he's good...

"(Y-Y/N)?!"

The two of you froze. Shinso kept his eyes on you while you gazed in horror at the person who caught you.

"Midoriya..!" you cringed.

"What're you doing here, kid?" Shinso's voice came out far more calm and calculating than yours. You wanted to hide under a rock and die. The look Izuku was giving you was a punch to the gut. He looked worried as if you were being assaulted.

"Um?! I was j-just -" but he stopped. You gasped when you noticed Midoriya's eyes were pale white.

"Hitoshi!" you snapped, "You didn't have to do that." At the same time, you were a bit relieved.

He shrugged, "I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention what you saw here to anyone. Head on back to class, (Y/N) will be there soon."

Midoriya did as he was told. It was amazing, the power Shinso had, and yet he wasn't in the hero classes with you.

"I'm sorry, Hitoshi," you groaned, "I should've known keeping this up was a bad idea."

While you looked pitifully down at your shoes, Shinso raised a brow and scratched the back of his neck, "Aw, now that's a sad thing to hear."

"No!" you shook your head, frantically, "Not like that! It's just... I feel terrible using you for my shortcomings. I've been trying to strategize different ways to get enough power, especially during a battle, but I haven't figured it out yet. And we're going to get spotted again, I'm sure of it..."

"You'll figure it out," he said, "And it's okay. I want to do this."

"Why?"

He smirked, "Come on, (Y/N). What guy doesn't want to kiss a hot girl? Unless... they aren't into girls."

"I'm being serious," you crossed your arms.

"So am I. I'm not as complicated as you think."

He leaned in and gave you a quick, but passionate kiss - sending a jolt to your brain.

"Now, kick that loud one's ass for me, would you?" he winked.