Part 16 - Who's Your Daddy?

You stood outside the door of class 1-A, burning holes into it with your intense glare. Focus. You had to focus, or today was going to be a shit-show. You pulled your collar up to hide the love mark on your neck, which hadn't faded yet. Stupid Shinso!

Midnight and Aizawa let you take another day off to recoup. Really, you and Midnight were trying to harness your quirk. As silly as your aunt was, she wasn't a bad teacher. In fact, she could become quite terrifying... and ruthless.

You learned that the weird, love spell that came from your body was activated either at will or by nerves, excitement - any range of intense emotions. You were still trying to control it, which would be possible, you just needed more time. For now, you had to practice feeling absolutely nothing.

Too bad you were nervous at this moment.

The door opened for you, and you saw Aizawa standing there. He had bandages all over his face and body. You gasped, "Aizawa? What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here? Class is inside."

"But you're-"

"Inside, (Y/N)."

"Okaaaay," you didn't question him again. He was insane to be here with his injuries, but at least less attention would be on you.

Wrong.

Kirishima was the first to bombard you, saying how manly he thought you were for fighting the villains. You didn't even know he saw you at the USJ. Was this going to be a normal thing? Every time you went to class you were welcomed with a parade.

"Students," Aizawa sighed, "I know we're all excited (Y/N) is back and well, but we need to discuss something of gave importance."

Everyone sat at attention. The tension and anxiety from the USJ were still felt by all. You felt a few eyes in your direction but couldn't bring yourself to look back. You had to remain calm. Deep breaths...

"What is it, sir?" Tsu asked.

"The sports festival is in a couple of weeks," Aizawa muttered.

Everyone sank in their chairs in relief. Except for Mineta who raised his hand, "Wait! They're still going to host the festival even after we were attacked?!"

"The school thinks we'll be sending the message that we aren't afraid of the villain threat. Security will be tripled - many pro heroes will be present. Besides, this is one of three opportunities for you to shine for future employers."

"But I am afraid!" Mineta cried.

"Oh wow," Uraraka smiled, "That means recruiters get to see us in action!"

"Yeah, I mean, USJ was terrifying, but I'm ready for the games!" Kirishima pumped his fist.

"(Y/N)?" A calm voice came from behind you. You hadn't noticed that Todoroki chose to sit there today. You glimpsed once at his handsome face, then quickly turned around. Oh no... I can't even handle looking at a cute guy?!

"Hi, Todoroki! What's up!" you said a little too loudly.

He seemed to notice your discomfort, "Could we talk?... Have lunch with me."

You could tell your quirk was starting to manifest. Should you run, now? Before the entire class got high from your stupid pheromones? You relaxed your shoulders and tried imagining Todoroki ugly.

"Um," you peered over your shoulder. His eyes were serious and unblinking. You were more nervous to decline than accept at this point. "Sure, sounds great..."