S2 Part 15 - Nitroglycerin

You couldn't cry anymore. Even when everything inside of you wanted to, your tear ducts burned in protest. There just wasn't anything left.

Your asshole of a father killed a little boy's parents. His parents.

Maybe it was the part of you that blocked out the existence of The Butcher, but meeting one of his victims face-to-face, and a little boy at that, reminded you just how real it was. How evil your father was.

Thanks to your parents, your name would forever have a black mark. No matter how many times Midnight, Aizawa, All Might, or your friends, told you otherwise.

And as many times as you told yourself not to, you couldn't help but think about Shigaraki. His words, once poisonous, were starting to have an acquired taste...

After dinner, everyone went to the outdoor baths. It sounded tempting, but after what you had just heard, you couldn't face any of them. It was possible you might get sent home the next day. So, you waited until they all went to bed and snuck into the baths alone.

It was dark minus a few lamps so you could see and not trip. You felt the hot steam before your toes touched the water. Letting yourself sink in until you were almost completely submerged, you considered your situation and debated giving up on becoming a hero completely.

The night was beautiful, though. The night sky with stars above you and serene bath that looked like a magical pond in a fairytale forest. Let me enjoy these simple pleasures for now... You laughed quietly to yourself.

"The hell is so funny? Other than you being in the wrong bath?"

That's hilarious. I'm imagining Katsuki scolding me.

"Hey. Don't ignore me."

Water splashed your face and you stood up in alarm. Your eyes darted around the pool until they were met with a pair of red ones.

"Katsuki..." you mouthed, "Katsuki?!!"

You were, more or less, exposed. The tiny towel covering your crotch did little to nothing. You wrapped your arms around your chest and sank back into the water.

"Quiet, you'll wake everyone up," Bakugo said.

"What are you doing here!" You demanded.

He grinned, "I've been here for a while."

"But-"

"You're on the wrong side," he pointed towards the wooden wall acting as a barrier between the sexes. For some reason some of Mineta's purple balls were stuck to it.

"O-oh..." you cringed, and sank even further until the water touched your bottom lip, "This is so embarrassing..."

"Whatever," he shrugged, "I'm not going to tell anyone."

"You're not?"

"Why the hell would I? Don't need everyone thinking I'm some kind of pervert like Mineta."

Aren't you, though? You wanted to say but thought better of it and chuckled to yourself.

"Something funny, hot lips?"

You groaned, "That is an awful nickname."

"Oh yeah? Gonna do something about it?"

"Maybe I will," you stuck your tongue out at him.

"Let's see it," he said.

"Not right now!"

He relaxed against some stones, leaning back and spreading out his arms, "Wuss."