S2 Part 32 - Is It Over?

After the initial shock at what you had done, then came the flood of rationalizing thoughts.

Stefano was an evil man. The world was safer without him. You saved Shinso and possibly Tomura, Compress, and Kurogiri. It was self defense. You had no other choice.

Your eyes slowly went back to the dead man on the floor. If you had the power to kill him, why didn't you simply knock him out instead? You were afraid of him. You hated him. It fueled the monster living dormant inside of you.

No manner of self-talk could take away the guilt. How could you become a hero now? Everyone will treat you differently - maybe even lock you up. You imagined Izuku's innocent face and his horror if you were to ever tell him.

Tomura continued to soothe you like you were a stray kitten in his lap. Kurogiri was freed from Stefano's quirk and Compress was covered in blood but looked as though he'd survive.

You knew they were going to head back to their hideout and take you with them. What was your plan now? You were kidnapped again before Hawks could find you, and now you've killed someone. Did you want to go home..? Or hide forever with the other darklings of society.

Either way, you had to get Shinso to a hospital first.

"Shigaraki," Kurogiri said.

"Yes," his tone was oddly cheery, but not in the manic way. He kept your head pressed against his shoulder.

His touch used to scare you and you wanted to punch him whenever he tried, but now his hands felt like the safety net you needed to not fall into complete darkness.

"We shouldn't linger. But we won't be returning to the hideout. The Master has informed me that we have been discovered..."

Tomura froze, "What!"

"How is that possible?" Compress asked.

"It seems that the authorities already knew, and the live broadcast was a sort of distraction to make it appear they were still looking," Kurogiri said, "As to how they already knew I am not sure."

You pressed your lips together and were glad your face wasn't exposed right now. Because you had a pretty good idea how...

"No..." you felt Tomura's shoulders tightening, "Stupid heroes. They're ruining everything!"

"That was my last update. I don't know if the others escaped in time," Kurogiri said.

"Then we go to the other hideout," Tomura growled, "What a pain..."

Other hideout?

Kurogiri nodded, "As you wish."

Tomura made to stand and helped you to your feet as well. You hadn't let go of him yet, because you knew as soon as your fingers left the thin fabric of his black shirt, you were going to have to do something pretty shitty.

They saved Shinso this time, but in the end they were villains. They couldn't waltz into a hospital with you, especially since you were still a kidnapped student. As for Bakugo, it sounded like Hawks tipped off the other heroes just in time. You had to rely on them now.

But running away from Shigaraki after he rescued you felt less like of a win and more of a betrayal.

Tomura was the one to pry you off him. You prepared a blank expression that wouldn't compromise you. If you could avoid eye contact all-together, even better, but Tomura had other plans.

He cupped your face in his hands. You shut off every thought you had before meeting his crimson eyes.

"You were amazing," he said, "I know what you're feeling right now, but you don't have to worry anymore. Stick with me. I'll help you."