Part 23 - Like A Virgin

AN: HELLO! Guys... thank you! We reached over 1k reads! You're making me feel the warm fuzzies!! <3 I really didn't think this was going anywhere, but I'm glad people like it(?)

P.S. This isn't going to be exactly like the sports festival, just FYI in case we have some purists lol ;)

"Frowns give you wrinkles, (Y/N). You don't want to ruin that pretty face, right?" Midnight asked, "Especially since you'll be on T.V."

The day of the sports festival finally arrived. After five more days of intensive training, all you felt was sore and more nervous than before. Your saving grace was that Midnight had been able to help you control the whole pheromone issue...

"Is this a good idea?" you asked your aunt, "What if I screw up." The two of you were in the restrooms inside the sports arena. Midnight wanted to spruce up her hair a bit, and you were just there to cool your nerves. She paused with her can of hairspray at the ready, and set it down.

"You'll do just fine. I know it," Midnight winked, "Any niece of mine is going to steal the audience's breath away."

"No pressure..." you muttered.

"You better get to your classmates, now. I have to get this show started!" your aunt's sultry voice shooed you away. She was the host of the games, with Present Mic announcing, although it sounded like Aizawa might be joining him as well?

You just nodded. The sports festival was supposed to be fun - a way to showcase yourself and get internships. When you rejoined your fellow classmates outside of the arena, you felt their excitement and determination. It bothered you that all you could feel was dread.

All Might told you to ignore what Shigaraki said, but it wasn't easy. You weren't ready to show the world who you were. You were still coming to terms with it. Most days it just felt like a bad nightmare and you could pretend you didn't have a lineage.

Now everyone will see...

Who will want me?

"You ready, (Y/N)?" Izuku appeared beside you.

"Ready as I'll ever be," you said, "I grew up watching the sports festivals, but actually participating is really intimidating... How are you feeling?"

"About the same. But I don't want to disappoint Al- I mean - anyone! Let's do our best," his lips were uneven but he managed to smile.

You'll do great, Midoriya.

The pleasantries from your other classmates settled after the slumber party. Everyone was too focused on how well they were going to perform. Which was fine, you were hyper-focused as well. You just wanted the damn thing to start already so you'd quit freaking out.

The general studies students arrived next, their group filing in behind yours. That was it. Now all you had to do was wait for Present Mic to welcome you into the arena... where thousands of people were watching... and filming.

Get your shit together!  You pressed your hands against the sides of your face.

Someone pinched your arm. Great, people were already noticing how freakish you were. "What gives?" you turned and glared.

Shinso smirked when he heard your displeased remark. He'd been quiet this last week as well, working on a plan for the festival no doubt. You didn't realize how much you missed him. Your scowl softened when he looked at you. Sure, you two still saw each other when you could, but not on the intimate level you were used to...

"Don't let the others see how squirrelly you are," he said.

"Sq-" you gaped, "Hmph. Don't worry about me, Hitoshi."