S2 Part 3 - Spin the Bottle

"What on earth?" Midnight's eyes widened at the sight of your house.

A truck was parked outside, delivering various gifts. Already crowding the doorstep was a giant fruit basket, several floral arrangements, an oversized teddy bear, and boxes of what you assumed (and hoped) was candy.

"Could you sign for this, ma'am?" The delivery man handed Midnight a clipboard.

"Ma'am?!" She fumed, "Do I look old to you?"

"No, no!!"

You quickly snagged the clipboard before Midnight killed the poor guy, "Thank you! Who is this from?" you asked.

"Uh - it says: From the greatest godfather, supreme, and most excellent dressed hero, Monarch. He also sent a page long apology as to why he couldn't be here in person today..."

"What a sweetheart..." Midnight said through her teeth.

You smiled, even though you were surprised and sad to not see him, he still remembered your birthday. I'm his own, over the top, fashion...

Your living room was filled with your crap. Midnight heaved the last of the gifts into the house and shut the door behind her, "Okay," she breathed, "Well. Dinner is in a couple hours. Feel free to relax and maybe sort through some of your... stuff."

"Thanks, Aunty."

You took your orchids and one of the boxes of chocolates to your room. It wasn't a bad day. Your friends were nice and Shinso was coming over later...

"Hmm..." you took a whiff of your clothing. It wasn't fowl, but you could be better.

You started a shower and got clean and shaved smooth - thank goodness you checked because your legs were looking prickly. Since it was special tonight, you used your (favorite smell) lotion to top it all off.

Now that you smelled nice and your hair was smooth and refreshed, you considered your outfit for tonight. But, since you were basically confined to your house, you grabbed a cozy white sweater and some soft pajama shorts.

Shinso wasn't the only tease. 😏

Satisfied, you helped organize the front room as best you could. Midnight was cooking (Fave-Food), which was both dangerous and a great gesture since she wasn't super confident in the kitchen. Neither of you were top chefs.

You were eager when she finished and it actually smelled amazing. She set the table and you enjoyed a meal together while chatting about the upcoming exams.

"Sorry about the mess," you sighed. Flowers and stuffed animals were the new decor of the house.

"Birthdays," Midnight shrugged, "You don't need to apologize. I'm just sorry that you aren't out on the town."

"The idea of going out and possibly running into The League again is exhausting. This is good," you laughed.

"You're sweet," she winked, "And a good sport. I have to thank you for that, you know. Not many kids your age enjoy being cooped up, but I promise it's going to get better."

"It's not so bad. I got a lot of studying done."

"Have you been practicing what Monarch taught you?"

"Yeah. I haven't tried the transferring again, but I'm sure I'll have chances tomorrow."

She nodded, "I might have a little surprise for you later, but we'll have to wait."

"A surprise? But why?" You protested.

"Patience missy!"

***