S2 Part 35 - Live Every Moment

The world got to see their favorite heroes in action. But the great number one hero, All Might, the symbol of peace, had his last job that day, and publicly retired. 

Even though the rescue was a success, the League of Villains managed to escape with Kurogiri. The only one to be captured was All For One. All Might was able to stop All For One his great nemesis, and Grim, but Grim managed to slip away and hasn't been seen since.

Thanks to your quirk, All Might was able to fight until the end. He knew he owed you a great deal, and was disheartened that he couldn't do more. The damage from the battle took a toll on his body, and it was plain for the world to see.

You, Bakugo, and Shinso were with the villains for far too long and now the symbol of peace was out of commission. What would the world think of heroes now?

You watched the news coverage on Kamino from your hospital room. This habit of coming here was starting to get annoying. You were alone this time as visitors were limited until you spoke to the authorities.

Whatever happened after you used your quirk on All Might was a blur. You heard Bakugo's voice and you remembering the sensation of flying? Everything else escaped you.

Your only interaction with anyone so far was with a nurse and Aizawa. He explained to you that Midnight and Monarch were in the building. Apparently they'd been there since you arrived and got to see you unconscious but now the authorities wanted a moment with you before you slept again.

You didn't mind waiting to see them. Everything was a mess. You were so happy to finally be safe, but what did safe mean anymore? Now, you were at the mercy and scrutiny of the media, which already hadn't been pretty, but you chose to ignore that segment in the news.

And you had to wonder why Aizawa was there to see you. You wanted to believe he cared about you but there was more than just concern in his eyes. Were they worried about your quirk?

Butcher was back. All Might was down. You killed a serial killer. And it sickened you but you didn't feel as comfortable in the protection of the heroes like you should. You heard Shigaraki's voice over an over in your head.

"I'm here for you."

"I know what you're feeling, but you don't have to worry anymore. Stick with me."

"I'll help you..."

"Damn him," you chalked it up to a bad case of Stockholm syndrome. You so desperately wanted to be home after being kidnapped but now it was the last place you wanted to be.

You didn't want to be anywhere.

A knock came to your door and you let out a heavy sigh. Here we go...

"How are you feeling, (Y/N)?"

A man walked in with messy, indigo hair. Your heart skipped a beat until you realized Shinso didn't have chin stubble and wasn't that old.

"Oh... Mr-Dr. Shinso?!"

This beautiful creature ☺️ artist: Keiidakamya on Twitter