Part 35 - Attack On Hosu

At first, Monarch wasn't fond of your idea to go to Hosu. "Why would you need to go there?"

"I just have an awful feeling..." you explained, "I think my friend is in trouble."

"A classmate of yours?"

"Yes, sir."

He then received a phone call of his own. You couldn't hear what was being said, but Monarch's eyes widened as he looked at you, "I'll be there." He hung up and immediately got into serious-mode. "You might've been right about Hosu," he said.

"What happened?" You asked.

"A villain attack. Pretty bad too."

You grabbed his sleeve to stop him from leaving the room, "The hero killer? Who?"

"They don't really know. I'm going to check it out."

"I'm coming, right?"

Monarch sighed, "I would love for you to stay behind... but the look on your face says you won't obey me anyway," he paused, "You can come, IF you don't leave my side. You'll also need a substitute hero suit."

You hugged around his torso, "Whatever you say!"

When you looked up, the man's eyes were glistening and his lip trembled, "I'm weak..."

He came out of his room with a couple options. One was a polka dot suit - instant "no." The other was a similar suit except in all black and shorts instead of full-leg. It was like a jumper for kicking-ass, zipper down the front, utility pockets and everything.

"That works," you shrugged.

You looked like Monarch's little sidekick. His own costume being all black with some white along the sides. He offered to fly the both of you, which sounded terrifying but the sooner you got to Hosu the better.

"Hold on tight!" he grinned. You let him scoop you up and you hid your face in his shoulder. Your stomach did all sorts of flips and turns as you soared higher into the air.

"Not going to peek?" He chuckled.

"I'm good!" You just shook your head and dug your nails deeper into his back. The cool air was biting against your bare legs.

His humor died down, "Hm. What do we have here..."

Now you had to look. The city below was on fire - at least in some pockets. You could hear the screams and panic from below.

"What is... -Look out!" You weren't expecting anything to be in the air with you. Monarch was able to dodge at the last minute, but what hurtled towards you was a winged beast with his brains exposed.

Another Nomu?

"Good eye," Monarch said. He quickly made a descent, probably knowing he couldn't fight the thing with you hanging on him.

He put you down when you were "safely" on the street. But the ground wasn't any safer than the air. There were more Nomus, bulldozing their way through buildings and heroes trying to keep them at bay. None of them looked like the one you faced at the USJ.

Shigaraki must be making an army...

"Well," Monarch huffed, "I guess you'll get a little hero experience after all. Stay close, unless things get messy then stay out of the other hero's way - alright?"

You nodded. Staying close to Monarch was a joke, though, considering he spent most of the time flying around. The Nomus seemed to be attacking at random. How did Tomura even control these things?