Part 38 - Welcome Home

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Midnight's lips moved, but the words didn't process right away.

"You can continue your internship, but I'm going to supervise," Midnight smirked, earning a scowl from Monarch.

"Really?" you couldn't hold back a smile.

"I know," Midnight sighed, "But you started this journey and I'd rather you finish the week than have regrets or resentment towards me."

You giggled and hugged your aunt, which took her by surprise, "But don't think you're off the hook for what happened tonight," she added.

"I'm sorry I worried you..."

Monarch dragged his hand down his face, "Worry? You aged me ten years! If you'd told me from the beginning you were planning some great rescue-"

"I didn't know if Izuku was actually in trouble or not until it was too late!" You tried, but Monarch gave you a warning finger.

"We'll discuss this during your training tomorrow. Now, finish up with the nice policeman so we can actually get some sleep tonight!"

Shinso waited patiently while you finished your report. He and Midnight were having a pleasant conversation that you couldn't hear, but you kept glancing at them to check. Monarch looked like a pouting child, not taking a similar liking to Shinso.

It made you laugh.

"Did he say anything that could give away where they're located?" The cop, True Man, asked you.

"No... I just know I was about to be taken there through Kurogiri's portal."

He then turned to the silent, brooding All Might, "Why do you guys think Shigaraki is after you, specifically?"

"My guess is that it has to do with (Y/N)'s quirk," All Might said, "It has a strong resemblance to The Butcher's. Shigaraki seems obsessed by the idea... probably wants to use her to create fear and panic - who knows what else."

True Man nodded, "I see. I don't like thinking about the possibilities. Especially since his target is one of your young, aspiring students. How are you holding up, kiddo?"

"I'm alright. Just getting tired of this happening. I want my license as soon as possible..."

"I understand where you're coming from," he nodded, "I think we're all going to have to make some changes as The League continues to target UA... Alright, I'll let you go now, but I'll be in touch if that's alright with you?"

"Yes, sir."

All Might gave you a sad pat on the back, "It'll be okay, young (Y/N)... AS LONG-"

"As long as you're here," you snickered, "Got it."

Another police report wrapped up. As annoying as it was that you had to do this so often, this would more than likely be your future. A pro hero worked closely with the police, even the big guys like All Might.

Might as well get used to it.

Midnight said goodbye to All Might, and returned to your side, "Say hello to your boyfriend, but no fun business tonight," she said.

"Don't you mean funny business?"

"It's that serious?" She gasped.

"N-no?! Nevermind," you gave up.

Everyone left the hospital. Midnight got in her car and waited for you while Monarch took to the skies. It was nice they allowed you a moment with Shinso, except...