S2 Part 9 - Four Letter Word

You sat quietly in Midnight's office.

The teachers were having a discussion earlier, but due to a crowd that formed outside of the school, they had to deal with that quickly. Most of the crowd consisted of more reporters, begging for information on you and the irresponsible nature of UA.

It isn't fair... The only reason UA got so much heat was because villains kept attacking its students, and it's a top name school. No one was inviting villains here - (hopefully...)

Present Mic threw out the idea of there being a spy in the school, but President Nezu was quick to turn the idea away.

Everything was falling apart... and now, UA was getting crushed because of you.

Midnight and Aizawa encouraged you to stay away from your phone, but you couldn't help it. You were going to find out eventually, right?

In hero news, your article popped up first. It's just because it's new, you told yourself. The headline was "Butcher Reborn?"

The reporter had minimal facts about your ties to Butcher and Hellia, but it didn't take much, really. And the relationship between you and Miss Midnight, about her being your guardian. However, the article gets disturbing as it claims UA as a whole was hiding this dark secret.

"UA needs to be held accountable for the chaos they're breeding. They claim to be raising the next top heroes of our society, and yet they are allowing one of the darkest villains of our time to be reincarnated within their very walls.
Her powers have already been demonstrated during the sports festival that took place recently - normally an entertaining challenge to help young students network for their futures as heroes.
(Y/N) not only attracted the attention from the public, no doubt due to her mother's charming looks and abilities, but also the League of Villains."

"How the hell do they know that?" You growled.

The article continued to destroy UA, and you. Comparing your quirk to your parent's - as best as the reporter's facts would allow. It also brought up Monarch, and how it was irresponsible and toxic to allow you to internship with an ex-friend to Hellia.

Poor Monarch, you sighed, knowing his agency might take a hit from this.

The words were riddled with doubt in your character. You were painted as a villain already, even though you hadn't a crime to your name. Except maybe the incident with Stain...

The worst was yet to come. In your mind, anyway. It was bad enough you were being ripped to shreds, but Shinso...

Halfway through the article were several photos of you and Shinso. One of you kissing him in the parking lot on your birthday. Another walking with him, probably from school? The one of him carrying you out of the press party. And some you had no idea how the photographer possibly could've gotten them.

The overall story was - you and Shinso were the next villain couple.

You broke down after that, not caring if anyone heard you. Salty tears passed your lips and rolled down your cheeks. It could've been anyone but Shinso... he already had a villain complex following him around like a shadow. At least that was limited to his judgmental classmates.

Now...

It's everyone.

"How can we not address this issue? A brainwashing quirk and the daughter of the Butcher is asking for trouble. UA has always kept a bright reputation, but lately, with All Might's contribution to the staff, it is far too dangerous to lure villains to these students. Either UA needs to fire All Might, or they need to reconsider their current student body and weed out those potential risks."