S2 Part 25 - Fight or Flight

"Uhhhhhhhhhh..."

Hawks. Hawks is here. He's two feet away from me. The number three hero.

Wow, he's hot...

He wasn't in his usual hero garb. Instead he wore a gray shirt, jeans, and a blue jacket with a popped collar. He was eye-candy before but this was a different level.

No, I do not keep the magazines with articles of you under my bed. I also do not read fan fictions of you... ever.

Oh gods, I'm sweating. Can he tell? He's still looking at me. I haven't said a word! I'm dying!

"You okay, kid?" His voice was even more heavenly in person than on T.V., "What's your name?"

... oh gods! What is my name?!

"(Y/... I mean, Temptress..?" you said, obviously not feeling as confident about it right now.

Hawks paused. His yellow eyes with oddly shaped pupils widened. Suddenly, he laughed. If you weren't totally mortified you would be swooning like the fan girl you were.

"I'm sorry," he chuckled, "I don't mean to be rude! It's not that you don't look the part - you absolutely do. Damn." His sharp eyes traveled you up and down, "It's just that you seem a little too sweet! But maybe I'm wrong?"

He got a little closer as people passed behind him. A lot of the women at the bar were watching you and him closely.

"I hope I'm wrong," Hawks added with a wink.

Oh dear.

As dreamy as he was, this could actually be terrible for you right now. You were supposed to be here as a villain.

"I'm Hawks," he was close enough now that you could smell his cologne, "Maybe you've heard of me."

"Yeah, of course," you cleared your throat, "Who wouldn't know the number three hero?"

The man didn't seem to blink - ever! He just studied your face while he casually flicked his toothpick with his tongue, "You seem pretty young, Temptress, and I'm usually good at keeping an eye out for new recruits. Where did you come from?"

"... I'm new in town?"

Hawks mulled, "New, huh? But you know who I am - I'm flattered! Where did you graduate from?"

"I..."

Should you just sell yourself out right now? You were terrible at acting, especially around this angelic being who kept smiling at you like he already knew your dirty secret.

No... Dabi wasn't done talking to the broker. You still had no info bringing you closer to Shinso. But maybe you could explain the situation to Hawks? He was a pro hero, right?

Hawks's smile lessened, as if sensing your distress. It probably didn't help that you kept looking around for Twice.

Or, you thought, Hawks could blow it and try to rescue you. You had a moment of weakness when you spotted Monarch. You craved security but it wasn't just your life or even Shinso's life relying on you right now.

It was Bakugo's too.

"I transferred from the states, actually," you said, drowning in your conflict.

"No shit? Tell me more," he smirked, "I'm intrigued."

"There's not much to tell," you tried looking invested in the conversation while also keeping an eye out for Twice or Dabi.

"Oh, I doubt that," Hawks dropped his toothpick into his empty glass, "Come sit with me? I'll buy you a drink."

Your mind was racing, unsure of what to do. Play it cool? Or run away? "I don't think-"