Part 18 - Boxed In

"Me..?" Shinso cocked his head to the side, "Why do you look like you're about to kill me? Are you that upset?"

You were crouched and breathing heavily, kind of like a wild animal. One hand still clenched your phone. When your brain finally put it together that this was Shinso and not a murderer you let your quirk fizzle until you stopped glowing.

"What are you doing here?" you asked. Your tone came out more curt than you meant it to.

"I just wanted to see you. I didn't feel too great about how we left things..." He stopped when he noticed that you were shaking, and his brow furrowed, "What's wrong, kitten?"

You sniffled, feeling frustrated tears coming, but you sucked them back in. Pouting, you headbutted Shinso's chest but kept your forehead pressed against him. He grunted, but wrapped his arms around you, pinning your dead arms to your sides.

"You seem edgy," he said.

"I am... I thought you were someone else."

He moved and lifted your chin with the back of his thumb, "Someone bothering you?"

You didn't want to explain it, so you just handed him your phone. He looked at it quizzically at first, but after a moment his expression darkened, "This is just from today?"

"Yeah."

"No idea who it could be?"

"I really don't know..."

Shinso sighed, "We could report it, but in all honesty, it's probably some idiot from your class."

"You're already on thin ice when it comes to my class, Hitoshi," you glared.

He shrugged, "I know, and I'm sorry, but my hunch still stands."

You had thought the same thing, though. It didn't make sense, but it seemed like an immature thing to do. The only people who saw you at USJ were Izuku, Bakugo, Todoroki, Kirishima, All Might, and Aizawa. None of them seemed like the creepy, stalker type.

But villains sure did.

Your eyes widened. What if...

"They didn't reply, huh," he said rhetorically, "But it does seem like they were watching you. Want me to take you home? I can stay for a while."

"No!" you panicked, "N-not yet. I don't want them to know where I live..."

"They might already know if they know you," he cringed, realizing he said the wrong thing, "You're shaking like a rabbit... want to get some food or something, then? We can give Midnight a call, too."

You looked dirty and disheveled, but the food sounded good. Shinso's warm smile made you feel safe - so different from the looks he gave your class earlier. He had been right about you having the worst luck... You nodded, and he reached for your hand.

"Stalkers won't like you if it looks like you have a boyfriend," he explained.

You snorted but took his hand anyway. You could tell he was trying to keep things fun, but he couldn't hide his worry when his eyes were shifting to every alley you walked past.

The fast-food joint you found yourselves in was overflowing with customers. Somehow, the shoulder touching and mixture of body odors gave you a sense of security. You plowed your way to an empty booth - not by a window - and prepared to stay there for the next million hours.

You knew Shinso struggled on the journey here. It was near impossible to control your emotions, which meant those stupid pheromones were running rampant. By the time you made it to dinner, he looked like he was going to either crush your hand or take you right there in public.