S2 Part 22 - Running With the Devil

It took about five hours of pouting for you to finally calm down.

You hadn't moved from your spot on the floor, away from Shigaraki's personal items. The only interaction you had with anyone was with Kurogiri who brought you water and food.

When you sipped on the water bottle, seemingly obedient, you caused the warp villain to wonder.

"I thought for certain you would refuse or throw it back in my face?" He said curiously. His deep voice could lull you to sleep.

You took a bite out of the sandwich and gazed up at him.

"Doesn't do me any good to be dehydrated, hungry, and kidnapped. Especially if I plan on escaping."

The two of you stared at each other without blinking. After a moment, he seemed satisfied with that answer.

"Let me know if you want seconds," he said with a nod.

He accepted your challenge. You couldn't help but grin a bit at his reciprocated cheekiness.

Now that you had time to consider the situation, you felt yourself coming together. As much as you wanted to fight your way out of this, guns blazing like Bakugo would, that wasn't how you were going to win.

If the pro heroes hadn't found you by now, you couldn't wait on them to show up. You had to rely on yourself, your wits... your quirk... in order to get yourself out of this and save Shinso.

Yes. Your quirk. As terrible as it sounded.

But you kissed freaking Mineta, all to do well in a school competition. You used "charming" pheromone magic on the hero killer, Stain!

You could do this.

Shigaraki wasn't stupid, but it was clear he had a soft spot for you and a vision of what you in his league looked like. That meant that even if he was one of the only people you couldn't take energy from, he wasn't going to hurt you. You could use that to your advantage.

Hopefully...

Finally, you got off your butt and approached the door. You weren't expecting it to be open, as you were a prisoner of sorts, but to your surprise, it wasn't locked.

Shigaraki had way too much faith in you...

You crept out into the hallway, careful to not make a sound. Voices came from the end of the hall and you could recognize most of them right away.

Magne.
Toga.
Dabi.
Twice.
... Kurogiri? That fancy-talking ball of gas.

And a few voices you hadn't heard before.

Damn. There are way too many of them.

"You idiots are wasting your time..."

Now THAT was no villain's voice. A small gasp escaped your lips.

"I'LL DESTROY EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU!"

You didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It was so nice to hear Bakugo's angry voice but then it meant he was in this awful situation too. They had captured him after all.

From the sound of it, the villains were taking turns sharing justifications for their villainous actions - talking about a brand new society not run by hypocrites and fame junkies. Typical. Sounded a lot like what Stain preached about too.

However, Bakugo was having none of it. Also typical.

You tiptoed towards the room that everyone congregated in, hoping to see Bakugo's face and if he was okay, but a tall, dark silhouette stepped out and blocked the exit.