Part 36 - The Link

The pain in your shoulders was excruciating, like hot coals were burning from the inside next to your bones. As grateful as you were to Izuku who was trying to help you, his weight pulling you down was only making the pain worse.

The figures below grew smaller and smaller. You knew that no one, not even Endeavor, would launch a big attack while you and Izuku were flying with the Nomu.

Just when you thought you might lose your arms completely, you saw another flying character coming to the rescue.

"Begone, buzzard!" Monarch dove at the Nomu. As the monster was torn away from you, its talons dragged through your clothes and skin.

"Hang on!" Izuku, who still grasped your legs, heard your screams in pain. You didn't even care - or notice - when you were both free falling into one of the building.

Izuku pulled you into his arms and wrapped his body around yours protectively. You felt your bodies slow at the sound of shattering glass. Izuku cried out and the two of you tumbled and rolled into the empty dark office building.

Smooth rescue, Monarch...

It was difficult to move your arms. They felt like heavy pieces of led having an affair with gravity. Your head also hurt something terrible. It felt like you were on fire from the inside.

You groaned, "Deku..? Are you okay?"

The arms that held you were limp. You couldn't even hear him breathing.

"Deku?" You felt panic rising in your chest, "Oh, gods - Deku!"

You were sloppy with your maneuver but you tried to remove yourself as quickly as possible, in case you were suffocating him. His eyes were closed and his mouth ajar. He gave no sign of consciousness...

"No, no, no, no, no...." you put your ear down to his lips, "Fuck!"

He wasn't breathing. It hurt like hell, but you pressed on his chest with your hands, "Come on!" You begged, "please breathe, please..."

You put your mouth on his and forced air into his lungs. Were you making it worse? You quickly pulled away. Just touching you... I could kill you...

You cried in frustration. Hot tears brimmed in your eyes. You could feel how much energy you had. If only you could give instead of take...

I can't help you... You glared down at your hands as if they were the cruelest of abominations. You'll die here, because I'm useless!

"Please, just take it all..." you whispered to no one. Take all the energy I have! Please, Deku...

"You deserve to be the next best hero, more than me," you continued to press on his chest, "I can't be the one who makes it out of this. You have to be the one! I'm not a hero, Deku..."

You caved and sunk your face into his chest. Your sobs were wild and unceasing. The heat you felt from early was still ever present inside your head, like a pulsating fever.

I don't want it, you commanded whatever force that drove quirks in the first place, give it to him! Help him live!

"I'm so sorry, Deku..." you clenched the fabric of his clothes.

"Well, that is unfortunate."

In the darkness emerged a shadowy figure with unkept blue hair. His face hidden behind a severed hand. You didn't even have the mind to be angry or retaliate. You ignored Tomura, and stayed at Izuku's side.