S2 Part 14 - Better or Worse

Hello!!!
It's only been forever 😂 Hi! How are you? I'm good... (hides face in shame)
I've been hesitant to update, but after some dedication, and encouragement from the hubs (yus I am mawwied 😋) I'm going to try to post more regularly again.
It's been hard to focus on anything creative lately just with everything goin on, but I am flattered and #blessed to have sweet fans like you! We'll try to be better here on out with updates. If I slow down again know that it's not you... it's me!! It's all meee 😭🤣

As predicted... Aizawa had plans to make this trip as painful as possible.

When the bus came to a stop, you had a sneaking suspicion, considering the second bus hadn't stopped with yours. Aizawa had you all exit, even though it looked like you were standing on a cliff and not by a cabin.

You had a moment of relief when he introduced you to some members of The Pussycats, a pretty famous hero squad, but that was quickly diminished as soon as the same cats sent your entire class flying off the edge of the cliff for a "pre-training" mission.

"I just need to peeeeeee!" Mineta howled.

You had some energy (thanks to Bakugo...) which helped you land on your feet, but you practiced a bit of your acrobatics using tree branches to slow your fall. It earned you an enthusiastic "whoop" from Mina after the fell flat on her face.

"Guys... what the hell is that?!" Denki whined.

You looked in the direction Denki pointed. Apparently, due to one of the Pussycat's quirks, the forest was crawling with sand-beasts. Not little woodland critters - like, Godzilla made of kitty litter. Clearly not welcoming a casual stroll through the forest...

And like a holy hero task force, Izuku, Shoto, Katsuki, and Tenya all assembled and destroyed the monster; pumping up the morale of the other students in your class.

"You showed that thing who's boss!" Kirishima said.

Bakugo glowered, "We're not done."

While everyone ran around in a panic as more monsters rose from the dirt, (not wanting to be late for lunch or to get eaten), you took your time through the forest. Alone.

You'd been isolated enough already, but it was clear that the vibe with your friends was a bit different. You wanted to avoid special treatment or any treatment. They didn't need to waste their focus on you, just because you had tons of drama going on.

Aizawa didn't exactly give you a map before tossing you all off the cliff, but as long as you kept moving forward and could still hear everyone's screams, you were good - right? More beasts lurked deeper into the woods, but you felt strangely confident, or just eager to get your hands dirty.

When one of them emerged from behind a pair of tall, intertwined trees, you brushed your fingers against all the foliage you could. The organic energy shot through your fingertips as you mercilessly sapped the life of each plant. All your frustrations and confusions were building up into this one, solid punch.

"AAHHHHHH!!" your hair stood on end as an invisible force blew air around you. The beast exploded into small particles, turning into a tiny dust storm.

"You're getting better."

A chill ran down your spine. Not one of fear or dread. Just literal cold. You peered over your shoulder at your icy-hot audience member.