Part 22 - Birds of Prey

Cold metal stung the exposed flesh of your arm. You and Uraraka had found a dumpster to hide behind while you watched Tokoyami and Sero ran past. The latest incentive Momo instated must've made them desperate because these guys were not holding back.

"That was close!" Uraraka sighed, "I really thought we were going to have an easy shot at this. With people to blend in with and all."

"Our class is cut from a different, freakin' cloth," you shook your head, "Alright... we gotta keep moving. I still think our best shot is cutting through the plaza."

The two of you left your hiding spot once a crowd of pedestrians wandered by. Your eyes were constantly moving, looking for the color blue. Every time a random citizen had a blue shirt or jacket you had a mini heart attack.

"This is fun and all, but," Uraraka whispered, "So nerve-racking!"

"Totally..." you agreed. One minute you're living the high life in silk PJs, now this.

You came to stop at a crosswalk and did your best to hide behind people without disrupting them. The timer wasn't moving fast enough, though. You kept an eye out for behind you, while Uraraka checked your sides. Her hand found yours and tightly grabbed it, "We have company..."

"YOU COULD'VE AT LEAST MADE THIS CHALLENGING!"

Bakugo and Kirishima were across the way, but they had Ashido in tow. You instantly crouched, bringing Uraraka down with you. The pedestrians next to you grunted in annoyance, but let you be.

"Okay, I'm caught, you can chill out, Bakugo!" Ashido snapped.

"Aw, not Mina!" Uraraka frowned.

Could this light be any slower? You counted down the seconds, but it felt like an eternity.

As soon as the light was green, you dragged Uraraka into a full-on sprint. Stealth was good, but against a team like Bakugo and Kirishima, you needed some distance. The mall wasn't far off - a good place to hide and the best shortcut.

"HEY!" Bakugo definitely noticed.

"We got a runner!" Kirishima sounded pumped.

Uraraka was able to keep pace now. The street ahead was fairly empty so you didn't have to worry about bumping into anyone. It also gave the boys a clear shot at your location.

You both heard Bakugo's maniacal laughter closing in, "Where ya goin, (Y/N)?!"

"Quick!" You yanked Uraraka to the left down an alley to a parking garage. You hadn't been to a mall in a while, but usually, they had entrances from the parking area.

The two of you made a beeline for the elevators. Thinking fast, you opened the closest one and pressed a few buttons before leaping back out.

"Wait, why aren't we-" Uraraka began to ask.

The boys hadn't seen you yet, so you waved for Uraraka to follow you. You crouched behind one of the parked cars and waited to see if your ploy would work.

Bakugo and Kirishima came in huffing and ran straight for the elevator. The doors were already closed, and Bakugo cursed loudly, "Dammit! The stairs! Go!" He ordered Kirishima. He watched which number "you" stopped at first.

It worked. Once they were both up the first flight of stairs,  you waited for their footsteps to sound far enough away. Uraraka gave you a thumbs up, "That was sneaky, (Y/N)!"

"Thanks," you grinned, "But they'll figure it out pretty soon."

You crept out from behind the car, but something stopped you in your tracks, "Wait," you told Uraraka. It still didn't seem safe. The footsteps were so faint now, but that wasn't the problem.