S2 Part 23 - Project Villain

"(Y/N)."

"Hm..."

"(Y/N)."

You rolled over and opened your heavy eyelids. You were back at home, warm and in bed. The pretty orchids from your birthday sat on your nightstand. A very tired but handsome face grinned at you, his messy indigo hair resting on the opposite pillow.

"Hey, kitten."

"Hitoshi?" You said in disbelief, "How... how did you get here?"

"Mmm, I don't know. Pretty sure this isn't real."

"Not real..?" You shook your head, "Where have you been? Are you okay?"

You grabbed his shirt and pulled him to you until there was no room to breathe, "I thought you might've been hurt! Or worse."

He wrapped his big arms around you and you melted into his touch. It felt like ages since you last held each other - or even talked. You gripped the fabric even tighter and pressed your face into his chest.

"I was so scared," your tears stained his shirt, "There's so much I need to say to you. I wish that I never left your side."

"It's okay, kitten," he patted your head.

You let him comfort you for a while. It was strange how much you missed the feeling of his body. His toned shoulders and biceps made you feel safe and snuggled beside him, "I don't know if it's my quirk that makes us feel things... All I know is I've missed you. I miss you so much it hurts. It hurt when I thought you hated me, and I've been dying every second not knowing where you are," you sniffled, "I'm trying so hard to ignore it so that we can survive being surrounded by villains but..."

"I'm here," he reassured, "With you."

"Please stay," you begged, "I don't want to wake up and have you disappear."

You felt his chest vibrate with a chuckle, "You're strong, I've always thought so. Just hang in there a little longer - for me."

"You promise you're okay?"

"I'll always be here for you, kitten."

"That's not an answer!"

"Worry about yourself, how's that for an answer."

You pounded your fist into one of his pecs, "Damn you, Hitoshi...

I love-"

***

"You what?"

You opened your eyes - for real, this time.

Your face felt damp with warm tears. Everything seemed as if you were still in your dream. You were cuddled in a bed, someone's arms were around you, and you clung to their shirt that was moist from your eye faucets.

Only one problem.

"... GET OFF ME!" You brought your foot up to Shigaraki's stomach and shoved him off the bed.

He landed hard on his back and groaned in protest, "Sheesh. Bipolar much?"

"What the hell were you doing?" You asked while trying to piece things together yourself, "When did I fall asleep... I wasn't sitting on the bed last night."

"No," Shigaraki sat up and rolled his shoulders, "you fell asleep on the floor, which I found silly. So, I put you on my bed but when I went to leave, you grabbed onto me like a koala bear."

By the amused look in his eye, you knew your expression was one of horror.

"I didn't have the heart to turn you away," he shrugged.