Injury

"Hello?" Quinn mumbled, answering her phone at 2am.

"Hey, Quinn. It's Jake." Jake said. "Sorry to wake you up. I'm outside."

"What?" Quinn muttered.

"Puck's gonna be okay." Jake promised. "But he got hurt and they brought him to a hospital here."

"What?!" Quinn asked as she shot up in bed.

"Marley's gonna stay here with Beth, and I'm gonna come with you to the hospital, okay?" Jake said. "Puck's gonna be fine."

Quinn didn't say anything.

"We're gonna come up." Jake decided as he hung up the phone.

Quinn got out of bed and quickly got dressed, putting on leggings and a hoodie. She tied her hair up into a messy bun and put on boots as she went to open the apartment door.

"Hey." Jake said softly as he hugged Quinn. "He's gonna be okay."

"What happened?" Quinn asked.

"All they said was that he was hurt." Jake answered as they parted. "But he's gonna be okay. If it was really bad, they wouldn't have been able to bring him here."

Quinn nodded slowly and looked at Marley. "Thank you for staying here to watch Beth."

Marley nodded. "Of course."

"You can go back to bed in my room." Quinn told Marley. "Just don't tell Beth about Noah. I wanna be the one she hears it from."

"What if she asks where you are?" Marley wondered.

"Just tell her I'll explain when I see her later." Quinn requested.

"Got it." Marley replied.

"Let's go." Quinn said as she grabbed her purse and left the apartment.

Jake followed Quinn, and the pair got in a cab when they got outside.

"Why did they bring him to New York?" Quinn wondered.

"No idea." Jake said. "But it's better that way."

Quinn nodded nervously.

"They said he's gonna be fine." Jake told Quinn.

"Doctors always say that." Quinn pointed out as she picked at her nails.

"Hey." Jake said, putting his hand over Quinn's to stop her. "He's gonna be fine."

Quinn nodded.

-

When they reached the hospital, Quinn and Jake paid the cab driver and headed inside. They quickly signed in and went upstairs to find Puck.

"Excuse me." Jake said to one of the nurses. "I just got a call that my brother was here and I'm looking to see him or get more information on his injuries."

"Visiting hours resume in the morning."

"I understand that." Jake nodded as he looked at Quinn. "Can you just check for us? His name is Noah Puckerman. He's in the Air Force. They flew him back here for an injury."

"Please." Quinn added, biting the inside of her cheek to keep herself from breaking down.

The nurse sighed as she clicked away on her computer.

"Puckerman, right? He's going into surgery in the morning. He's probably sedated right now."

"Can we see him?" Jake wondered.

"Not until after the procedure." The nurse told Jake. "You're welcome to wait over there."

"When's the surgery gonna be?" Jake questioned the woman.