Eight

"Happy birthday, Monkeyface!" Puck exclaimed as Beth entered the kitchen sleepily.

"Thanks, Daddy." Beth smiled. "Where's Mommy?"

"She's in the shower." Puck replied. "You hungry? Waffles are ready."

Beth nodded and took a seat at the kitchen table.

"God, I can't believe you're eight." Puck muttered. "How did that happen, B?"

"How did you turn thirty, Daddy?" Beth responded.

"You think I'm thirty?" Puck asked.

Beth nodded slowly and smirked mischievously.

"I'm twenty-four!" Puck exclaimed as he set Beth's plate down in front of her and gave her utensils.

"That's still old, Daddy." Beth noted as she began eating. "Thank you."

"Morning, birthday girl." Quinn grinned as she kissed Beth's cheek. She then kissed Puck. "Hi."

"Hi." Puck repeated with a smile. "Come have breakfast with B."

Quinn grabbed a plate, but Puck gently took it from her.

"I got you." Puck said. "Go sit."

Quinn sat down at the table beside Beth and smiled at her as Puck made her plate.

"Your daughter called me old." Puck complained as he put Quinn's plate down.

"My daughter?" Quinn laughed as she picked up her utensils. "Thank you, baby."

Puck nodded as he joined the girls at the table with his breakfast. "B, Mommy and I have some presents for you to open after school, and we have a busy weekend planned."

"Yes we do." Quinn added. "Tonight we're having dinner with Tana, Britt, and some of our other friends, and tomorrow you have your birthday party with your friends."

"So before school, we wanna tell you something about the baby." Puck told Beth.

"What?" Beth asked with food in her mouth. She looked from Puck to Quinn.

"The baby is a boy." Quinn announced. "You're gonna have a baby brother."

"What do you think about that, Beth?" Puck wondered. "You guys will be like me and Aunt Sarah."

Beth nodded as she thought it over. "I thought I wanted a baby sister, but a baby brother will be fun."

"Yeah?" Puck asked.

"I just wanna be a big sister." Beth clarified happily.

"You're gonna be such a good big sister, B." Quinn told her. "Your brother will be lucky to have you."

Beth smiled proudly. "What are we gonna name my brother?"

"We don't know yet." Puck answered. "We'll keep you posted, okay?"

"Okay." Beth replied.

"If you're done eating, you can leave your plate and go get dressed." Quinn suggested. "Babe, where did you put the box?"

"It's on our bed." Puck added. "Are you done with breakfast?"

Beth nodded.

"Go ahead." Puck encouraged her, and the brunette nodded and left the room.

Puck cleaned up Beth's breakfast and his own before grabbing a cupcake from the counter, putting a candle in it, and grabbing matches. He started washing dishes, waiting for Beth to return.

"Very pretty, birthday girl!" Quinn exclaimed when Beth returned in her new dress.

Puck lit the candle and turned around to face the girls. "Ha..."