Baby Number 2

"I'm gonna call the doctor." Puck noted calmly.

"No, he's not supposed to come for another month." Quinn stated.

"Maybe it's a false alarm." Puck suggested.

"It doesn't feel like a false alarm." Quinn muttered.

"Let's get you to the hospital." Puck decided. "Just breathe and try to stay calm, babe."

Quinn nodded and squeezed Puck's hands while she breathed through a contraction.

"Good." Puck said when it ended. "Let's go. Max, stay here."

Max sat down and looked at Puck.

"Good boy. Go get a bone and stay here." Puck commanded, grabbing the hospital bags as the dog went running off. "Come on, Q."

"Mom." Quinn said softly. "I need you, too."

-

"Noah." Quinn cried, putting her hand out after the doctor confirmed that the baby was coming.

"I'm here. I'm right here." Puck told Quinn as he squeezed her hand.

"I thought once I made it to the second trimester, I wouldn't have to worry about losing him." Quinn sobbed.

"The doctors are gonna take care of him." Puck stated. "And you."

"I can't do this." Quinn shook her head. "I can't bring our baby into the world when I'm not ready. And he's not ready, and if he's born today, I can't protect him anymore and-"

"Sweetie." Judy interrupted. "The baby is coming today. You're gonna meet your son today, honey."

"I can't!" Quinn insisted, still hysterical. "I can't do this. I can't lose him."

"It's gonna be okay, Quinn." Puck promised. "I'm right here and everything's gonna be okay."

Quinn bit her lip and looked at Puck.

"We're not gonna lose him." Puck swore. "Everybody's gonna do everything they can to make sure of that."

Quinn closed her eyes, wincing in pain and squeezing Puck's hand as her tears continued flowing.

"I got you." Puck reminded Quinn. "I love you."

Quinn squeezed Puck's hand again in response as she took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

-

"Jake's gonna get Max and then he'll pick Beth up from school and bring her here when we're ready for her." Puck informed Quinn as he returned to her side. "Do you need anything?"

"Did you text your mom?" Quinn wondered. "And Sarah?"

"Yeah." Puck nodded. "Yeah, they're sending all their love and prayers to both of you."

"I'm gonna get you some more ice chips." Judy decided, excusing herself as the doctor came in to check on Quinn.

"How we doin' here, doc?" Puck asked as the doctor examined Quinn.

"Six centimeters." The doctor noted after completing her exam. "But he should be here before you know it."

"Why'd he come so early?" Puck wondered. "I mean, our daughter was almost three weeks early, but that was a stressful teen pregnancy and-"

"Noah." Quinn cut Puck off. "You're not helping."

"Sorry." Puck apologized.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Quinn asked for the hundredth time.

"We're gonna do a full examination once he's here, but the good news is he's what we consider late preterm, which basically means if a baby is gonna be born early, that's the best window for it." The doctor explained. "But you're doing great and we're all ready for him."