Oscars 2021

"Good morning." Quinn smiled as she entered the kitchen.

"Good morning." Puck repeated as he kissed Quinn's cheek. "Breakfast is just about ready, if you wanna go join everyone in the dining room."

"You don't need any help?" Quinn asked.

Puck shook his head. "It's basically done. Go in there and tell my mom not to yell at the kids for eating bacon."

Quinn smiled. "Okay."

Quinn left the kitchen and went to the dining room. She greeted each of the kids with kisses before saying good morning to Ruth and sitting down at the table.

"Mama." Hudson said.

"Yes, Hudson?" Quinn asked.

"Sit by me." Hudson requested.

"Okay." Quinn smiled. She got up and moved to the seat in between Hudson and Lucy, who was in her high chair.

"I'm really proud of you, Mom." Beth told Quinn. "Even if you don't win today."

"Thank you, B." Quinn nodded. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Beth smiled as Puck came in with the plates of food.

"Dig in." Puck said, setting the plates down. He made a plate for Max and set it on the floor before taking a seat by Beth.

"That dog is spoiled." Ruth noted, shaking her head.

"I've never had a dog before." Puck shrugged.

Ruth rolled her eyes and smiled as she began to make her plate.

-

After breakfast, Quinn excused herself to start getting ready. She and Puck had decided to get ready at home like they had done for the Grammys the previous month.

Quinn's glam squad came over and did her hair and makeup. They had picked out jewelry for her to wear and helped her change into the beautiful green gown.

When she and Puck were dressed and ready, they said goodbye to Ruth and the kids.

"So pretty, Mama." Hudson noted.

"Thank you." Quinn smiled. "I love you guys. Be good for Bubbe, okay?"

"We will."

-

Quinn took a deep breath as Puck got out of the car. He put his hand out and Quinn took it, stepping out of the limo.

"You look beautiful." Puck told Quinn.

"Thank you." Quinn said. "You look very handsome. And I'm so glad you're here with me."

"I have a really good feeling about this." Puck added.

"Your optimism is refreshing." Quinn said. "But it's my first nomination so I probably won't win."

"Someone has to win." Puck pointed out. "You work hard, so why not you?"

Quinn smiled as she squeezed Puck's hand and led him to the red carpet.

"Quinn!"

"Over here!"

Quinn posed for photos while Puck held her bag and waited for her. She grinned when she saw him take out his phone to take her picture.

"Come here." Quinn said, putting her hand out and smiling as Puck joined her. "Thank you for taking the lead with the kids while I was working."

"You took care of them just as much as I did." Puck pointed out. "But if you ever have to go away to film, at least you know we'll be okay. I can handle it."