Home from the Hospital

A few days after Hudson was born, Quinn and Puck got to take him home. The doctors had been thorough with their tests, and the conclusion was that the newborn was strong and healthy.

Quinn felt incredibly blessed and lucky. She felt so attached to Hudson already, and even though she needed to rest and recover from pregnancy and childbirth, she hadn't slept much while he was in the hospital.

When they reached their apartment, Puck helped Quinn out of the car, making sure she was okay with the baby before he grabbed their things.

Quinn took a deep breath as she looked at her son as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"What's wrong?" Puck frowned, looking at the pair.

"I'm sorry." Quinn apologized. "I just... I'm really glad Hudson's home."

"Me, too." Puck agreed. "I'm glad both of you are home and healthy."

Quinn nodded in agreement.

"You did so good in that delivery room, and the past nine months." Puck told Quinn as he wiped her tears away. "Protecting him and making sure he grew strong."

"Thank you." Quinn said softly.

"I love you so much." Puck reminded Quinn as he kissed her cheek. "Let's get you two inside so we can start to settle into being a family of four. Five, counting Max."

Quinn smiled slightly, nodding in agreement. "I love you, too."

Puck grabbed all the bags and put his hand on Quinn's back, gently guiding her forward.

The pair went up to their apartment, and Puck unlocked the door. He led the way inside and put the bags down before closing the door behind Quinn.

Max came to greet them, immediately standing beside Puck. He was watching Quinn and Hudson, curious of the new face.

"He'll be okay with the baby, right?" Quinn asked.

"They're fine." Puck promised, petting the dog and praising him. "Good boy. Say hi to Hudson."

"Hi, Max." Quinn smiled, and the dog gently nudged her.

"Come, Max." Puck commanded, and the dog returned to his side and sat down. "Why don't you let me put the baby down while you go get settled?"

Quinn shook her head.

"You're exhausted." Puck noted.

"I'm not." Quinn insisted.

"I got him, Q." Puck promised. "He's fine. Max won't bother him."

"I know that, but he just got home." Quinn pointed out.

"Well, the nursery is mostly ready for him, but I don't know how long you want your mom here, so..." Puck trailed off. "His bassinet's in our room."

Quinn looked at Puck.

"You hungry?" Puck offered. "Can I make you anything? Or get you anything?"

"I just wanna be with the kids." Quinn answered. "Where are Beth and my mom?"

"Beth's at school." Puck noted. "And your mom said she was gonna go pick up a few things."

"Like what?" Quinn asked, and on cue, her mother entered the apartment.

"Hi, sweetheart." Judy smiled. "Welcome home."

"Thanks." Quinn responded. "We just walked in the door."

"Good timing." Judy nodded. "I'll pick Beth up when she's done with school. Why don't you put the baby down and take a shower?"

"I don't wanna put him down." Quinn said.

"Honey, he's fine." Judy promised. "The doctors wouldn't have let him come home if he wasn't ready. Besides, you need to rest and recover, too. Tell her, Noah."

"I've tried." Puck stated. "Babe, your mom's right. Let me put him down while you shower. I'll keep an eye on him and you can rest before Beth gets home."

"Will you lay with me?" Quinn requested.

"I will." Puck told Quinn. "Do you need anything?"

"I'm okay."

"Okay."

-

"Are you crying?" Puck wondered. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know." Quinn sobbed.

"Everything's okay." Puck assured Quinn as he pulled her into his arms. "Hudson's happy and healthy, and you're safe and healthy, and we're all okay."

"I know." Quinn said softly. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize." Puck said.

Quinn nodded.

"I love you." Puck smiled.

"I love you, too." Quinn replied. "You're such a good baby daddy. And fiancé."

"Husband." Puck reminded Quinn.

"Husband." Quinn repeated with a nod. "At least we have a little more time to plan the wedding now."

"We can do that whenever you're ready." Puck noted as Quinn got up. "Where are you going?"

"I wanna check on Hudson." Quinn said.

"Okay." Puck gave in as he got up. He stood beside Quinn at Hudson's bassinet, smiling at Max as he laid next to it, protectively. "How do you feel?"

"I can't believe we have a son." Quinn whispered, her eyes on the baby. "And I still can't believe he's here."

"I can't believe it either." Puck nodded.

"I'm so glad he's okay." Quinn continued. "I've been terrified since I found out I was pregnant, and I thought everything was fine. And then he came early."

"I know." Puck said. "I was a little freaked out at the hospital, too."

"Really?" Quinn asked, looking at Puck.

"Yeah, I just wanted to try to keep you calm so everything would be okay." Puck shrugged.

"Well, I guess it worked." Quinn said.

"I guess so." Puck agreed. "Everybody's home safe and sound."

"Speaking of that." Quinn nodded. "I think Beth and my mom are back."

"And Hudson's waking up." Puck noted. "I got him."

"I got him." Quinn decided.

"You sure?" Puck asked.

Quinn nodded. "Tell Beth to come say hi."

Before Puck could leave the room, the door opened slowly, and Beth peeked her head in. Max wagged his tail when he saw Beth.

"Hi."

"Hi, B. You can come in." Puck told her. "Hudson's waking up now, so he's gonna be a little cranky."

Beth greeted Max before walking over to her parents and looking at Hudson as Quinn scooped him up.

"Did you tell your friends you're a big sister?" Quinn asked Beth.

"I told my whole class the other day." Beth nodded proudly. "I can't wait to tell them Hudson is home."

Quinn looked at Puck as tears filled her eyes again. She laughed lightly as she cradled the baby.

"Can I help, Mommy?" Beth requested.

"Why don't you go with Daddy to get a snack and do a little homework while I feed your brother?" Quinn suggested. "And then you can come play with him."

"Okay!"