Miscarriage

From the minute Quinn woke up, she knew something was wrong, but she ignored her gut feeling and got in the shower to pretend everything was fine.

When she got out of the shower, Quinn was sweating and in pain with bad cramps. She got dressed and went to the kitchen to grab a water bottle.

Puck had been home all summer, and Quinn was a few weeks pregnant. Since it was still so early, no one else knew. Especially because Puck was leaving again in a few weeks.

Quinn sipped her water before returning to the bathroom, where she discovered that she was bleeding heavily. She cleaned herself up and changed into sweatpants.

When she had taken care of everything, she dialed Puck's number and laid down on the couch while she waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" Puck answered the phone.

"Hey, it's me." Quinn said with a sniffle. "I need you to come home."

"Like right now?" Puck asked. "What's wrong?"

"Please just come home." Quinn replied. "And drop Beth off somewhere. I need you."

"Yeah, I'm on my way." Puck promised. "You wanna stay on the phone?"

"No, I... I'll see you when you get here." Quinn said, wiping the tears that rolled down her cheeks as she hung up the phone. She put her hand on her belly and called her doctor.

-

Puck returned home a little less than ten minutes later.

"Hey." Puck said as he closed the apartment door and put his things down. "Beth's with Santana."

Quinn sat up and slowly got up from the couch. She walked over to Puck and wrapped her arms around him.

Puck put his arms around Quinn and held her for a minute before pulling away. "Are you okay? What's going on?"

"I'm having a miscarriage." Quinn said softly as she looked at Puck.

"A-Are you sure?" Puck stuttered.

Quinn nodded. "I called the doctor."

"What'd they say?" Puck wondered. "Do you need to go in?"

"I can deal with it here." Quinn explained, taking a deep breath. "But I have to see my doctor in, like, two weeks to make sure I don't have any leftover tissue or anything that they'd have to surgically remove."

Puck gently pulled Quinn into his arms again. "Q, I'm so sorry. I got you, babe. It's gonna be okay."

"I'm sorry, Noah." Quinn cried into Puck's chest.

"Shhh, this isn't your fault." Puck told Quinn as he kissed her hair and rubbed her back. "How do you feel? Are you in a lot of pain?"

Quinn picked her head up and wiped her eyes, though she continued to cry. She nodded slowly. "The doctor said to expect heavy bleeding with big blood clots of tissue, and cramps. It's pretty bad."

"I'm gonna grab the heating pad and some painkillers." Puck decided. "Then we're gonna lay in bed and I'm gonna hold you. And we're gonna get through this together."

Quinn nodded and bit her lip. "You're leaving again in, like, a week."

"Don't worry about that right now." Puck said softly as he took Quinn's hand. "Let's go inside."

The pair went into their bedroom. Quinn crawled into bed while Puck got painkillers and a water bottle before setting up the heating pad.

"Do you need anything else? Are you hungry?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"I just need you." Quinn said softly. "Come here."

Puck nodded as he crawled into bed beside Quinn. He went to pull her into his arms, but stopped and looked at her. "Quinn, I... I don't know what to do. Tell me how I can help you."

"Be here." Quinn replied. "Just hold my hand and let me cry and be here."

"I can do that." Puck stated, taking Quinn's hand and gently squeezing it as he curled up closer to her.

"Thank you." Quinn said softly as she looked at Puck.

Puck nodded back as he kissed Quinn's cheek. "I'm here. I got you."