Home Renovations

"Noah, are you sure about all of these renovations?" Quinn wondered. "I mean, both of our careers are taking off, but still. We have kids that we're gonna have to put through college, and the loan for the house is huge."

"Trust me on this." Puck requested. "It sounds like a lot, but-"

"It is a lot." Quinn interrupted. "I know we have the money from my mom selling the house in Lima, and my college fund and your Air Force money, but I don't want us spending money we don't have if it's gonna put us in a hole."

"We're gonna get out of it." Puck swore.

Quinn bit her lip.

"I'm not gonna do this if you're not on board." Puck promised.

"Remind me of the plan again." Quinn commanded.

"I wanna do the third floor first." Puck stated. "I think it would be really nice to have a whole floor of guest rooms for when our family and friends visit or when we host parties or whatever."

"And what else?" Quinn asked.

"The home gym, the home spa, the home theatre, my man cave in the basement." Puck listed. "The kids' playroom, backyard, kitchen, and sunroom."

"Noah, that's a lot more than I thought." Quinn responded.

"We can do a little at a time and pay things off as we go, or we can take a risk." Puck noted. "What do you wanna do?"

"Adding the third floor for the guest rooms is non-negotiable." Quinn decided. "You have a big family, and we need room to host our friends when they're in town."

"That's at the top of the list." Puck said.

Quinn took a deep breath as she thought it over. She paused for a moment. "You really think we'll get all the money back?"

"And then some." Puck nodded.

Quinn nodded back. "Let's do it."

"Really?" Puck raised his eyebrow.

"I trust you." Quinn said. "We'll figure it out. And besides, I'd really love it if this was all done before we have our next baby."

"I'll make some phone calls." Puck smiled.

"Tell them that the third floor and the basement are the top priorities." Quinn added. "The backyard, kitchen, and sunroom need the least amount of work so those will go last."

"Okay, so they'll do the third floor, the man cave, the gym and spa, the home theatre, the space for the kids, the kitchen and sunroom, and they'll finish with the backyard." Puck explained.

"Yeah." Quinn said. "And everything has to be wheelchair accessible for when Artie visits."

"Of course." Puck agreed.

"In the meantime, you and I are gonna have to figure out how we're gonna afford to stay here." Quinn added.

"Like, a Ponzi scheme?" Puck suggested.

Quinn gave him a look.

"Kidding." Puck assured Quinn.

"Wait, there's one more thing." Quinn realized. "We're not gonna be able to live here while they're working on the house, so where are we gonna go?"

"We could rent a place." Puck shrugged. "It's just the four of us, and Hudson doesn't take up much space."

"This is really gonna work out." Quinn said. "Right?"

"Right." Puck swore as he kissed Quinn's cheek before walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to make phone calls and get back to songwriting."