5. Awkward

Nathan's POV

After Sadie left us all to get settled in our rooms, I got lost in thought. And the first in mind were those deep brown eyes. I couldn't help but watch her, even if I seemed like a creep. She was indeed beautiful, I admit.

This definitely isn't like me. I'm Nathan Adams, I don't focus on just one woman. I don't think we'll ever work out either. Her job is more similar to the police's, eliminating criminals off and all that, and I'm in the mafia.

It amused me how she told me to fuck off and how she snapped calmly at me in the hallway. She didn't fear us like most of people do, I could see that. None of the girls did. Maybe I'll tease her more in the future, it was fun.

I won't deny that I felt a pull towards Sadie Williams, but it's probably just lust at seeing an attractive woman. Right? Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it till the day I die. I don't do girlfriends. And I don't want to get married, settle down and all that shit.

Now onto this business association. I really don't know how we are going to survive the next few weeks, months... I don't even know. They've already shown us they dislike us, a lot. And we aren't quite fond of them either. Apparently, my uncle and the police chief here said we couldn't go to a hotel because we can work faster if we live all together. Yeah, that's if we don't kill each other first.

Right now we were all sitting in the dining room having dinner and let me describe the situation in one word. Awkward. The only words exchanged were by Bianca and Alec, telling how our rivalries with Vinati started. After that, we all just ate in uncomfortable silence, looking down at our plates and ignoring each other's presence. At least the food tasted good. The sight was quite funny though: girls were sitting on one side of the table and us boys on the other.

"So... how long have you been living here? It's a lovely home," Josh said, trying to cut the tension. The girls shared a look as if deciding on who should answer. Finally, Melanie, I think it was, answered.

"For over three years. And thanks."

So far I could tell Melanie was the shy one; Madison, the rude one; and Audrey, the more carefree one. Bianca and Sadie were harder to read, but I think they are the most serious ones. Especially Bianca, she seems like the Dark Ghosts' Alec.

"That's cool." Josh smiled at them and we went back to eating silently.

Another thing I've noticed is that they all have excellent poker faces. That's why it's hard to tell their personality. Honestly, if I hadn't been trained in the mafia, I don't think I would have been able to. And I still have so many things to figure out about them.

"Ok, enough of this. You said we were going to discuss things during dinner. So let's talk," Alec stated in his usual cold tone.

"Of course. We need to make a plan. We came up with one, but as you are our associates, we wanted to ask for your opinion first," Bianca started in the same tone as Alec and he nodded.

"At least you were kind enough to do so," Hunter sassed with a smirk and the woman glared at him, but ignored the comment and proceeded to talk, looking at all of us.

"After our attempt on killing Angelo, I'm sure he's got lots of bodyguards around him at all times. We need to separate him from them."

"But how?" I asked.

"Sadie will try to figure out places he's planning to go to or usually visits. Your hacker, David, can help too. We also asked Chief Matthews to let us know immediately if he got a tip-off about his whereabouts. Then, we go to that same place and we put a microphone on him," she continued.