93. Bella Italia

Bianca's POV

I gently pushed the hair out of my face, trying to tame the rebellious strands that were nonstop moving due to the wind. I looked at the girls, who were climbing the stairs that leaded to the boy's private jet, before I decided to follow them too, heaving a sigh.

With everyone's help, we had thankfully managed to turn the bomb off before it exploded —we wouldn't have wanted to blow the whole building up—. Still, our nerves weren't eased after the running countdown stopped. With all the knowledge Angelo had about us, we weren't surprised that he knew where we lived, we always supposed he did. However, him sending such a direct threat to our home wasn't what we were expecting.

We had spoken to Massimo as well, but as soon as he heard about this issue, he insisted we flew away, just in case. We were hesitant at first —we still are—, but after his persistence we had no other choice but to agree.

All of that happened two days ago. And now here we are all, boarding a plane which will take us to Italy, and by all I mean absolutely everyone; Xavier, Emma, Chase and Ryker included. We wanted to take Savannah too, the only problem is that we have no idea about her whereabouts and that has Audrey on edge. She did send Chase a coded mail with a brief explanation saying that she escaped Angelo and is now fine, but that's all we know.

I entered the plane, being greeted by a kind-looking flight attendant who shut the door behind me whilst I looked around in awe. I would never get used to this luxurious jet. Even with me living surrounded by luxury for the past three years, I was afraid of touching anything in case I broke it or made a mess. How much money did this family have?

"Darlings," a sweet voice welcomed us. I looked towards the source of said voice, being met with Adaline's smiling face. Apparently, her and Jonathan wanted to personally come here to make sure we were fine. "Thank lord you're ok, you can't even imagine the fright I was given when my brother told me about the... surprise you received."

"Mom—." The woman held a finger up, cutting Nathan mid-sentence.

"Don't start, boy. If you dare to say that you're fine, I'll throw you off this plane into the Atlantic. There's no way you can be fine after almost being victims of an explosion," she threatened.

"Love you too, mom," he deadpanned.

She waved a dismissive hand before she walked over to her son and embraced him in a tight hug. Nathan started complaining when she showered him with kisses and coos, telling him how much she missed him and how worried she was. Meanwhile, I watched as Sadie looked away from the pair to hide a smile. I guess we've all learned by now that Nathan is a mama's boy.

We all took our seats after the pilot announced the imminent takeoff. Sadie and I decided to sit together, allowing our boyfriends to do the work they needed to along with Josh. Maddie sat with Ryker on the back corner —I'm sure they had a lot of catching up to do after years of being separated from each other— with Emma and Xavier a few feet away from them, chatting animatedly. Audrey sat with Hunter, giggling and talking about something I'm sure I don't want the details of. And the same goes for David and Chase, whose flustered face hinted me that they weren't speaking about the beautiful weather outside.

"You were right," Sadie whispered into my ear.

I smirked, my mind taking me back to the conversation we both had on the plane back to New York from Las Vegas, in which I confessed to Sadie what I had heard from one of Angelo's men.

«Don't worry, if we fail now, they'll be traveling out of New York in no time.»

Those words had been engraved in my brain from the moment I heard them. Over these weeks, both Sadie and I had been wondering what Angelo was planning to do or how he was planning to scare us away. A bomb was definitely at the end of our lists.